shape
carat
color
clarity

Advise will be appreciated - a project with an old brooch/new sapphire

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought this platinum brooch to maybe switch the pearl for my Sea of Cortez one. However, I have two sapphires, one, square, and the other one, round, and I thought that one of them would look better in the brooch.

Here is a photo made by the jeweler, very dark. The stone never gets darker than that, and it is royal, but has amazing secondary violet. Very saturated. So I thought it would look stunning in the brooch.

Question: a sapphire, of this type, that has to be set high, will it suit the brooch, or will it be too dark?

The round one I can take picture of (in another light), it is slightly less appealing to me, but it is deep.

FIrst question, will this stone fit the setting, I mean, color-wise? I shall have to play with the stones and casts, so I have the time to decide.

Attachments

• C3065BA7-91DD-411E-955F-84FA148E45A4.jpeg
    C3065BA7-91DD-411E-955F-84FA148E45A4.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 62

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Daisys and Diamonds !

I took out my round sapphire. Honestly, the square one looks better, much as it is not seen on the photo. But the round one might look lighter when inside the brooch, and it is deeper. What do people think? Photos in incandescent light, and also, in the same light, but with my back to the window (overcast).

Attachments

• 18624A6E-6822-41B1-AD8D-FA6D973B1584.jpeg
    18624A6E-6822-41B1-AD8D-FA6D973B1584.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 37
  • D380963F-64F5-447C-B9C6-B6DF6F0551CE.jpeg
    D380963F-64F5-447C-B9C6-B6DF6F0551CE.jpeg
    219.9 KB · Views: 39

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
This is lovely! Is it a brooch or a convertible that can be worn as a pendant?

I can visualize this as a stunning enhancer on a pearl necklace too! Just gorgeous!

amoline

Shiny_Rock
An amazing piece, with a great sapphire. I think you made the right choice.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is lovely! Is it a brooch or a convertible that can be worn as a pendant?

I can visualize this as a stunning enhancer on a pearl necklace too! Just gorgeous!

Thank you @icy_jade!

Thank you! It is technically both but missing some details for a convertible.

An enhancer is a good idea but I have another enhancer planned. That one should be super.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to comment I liked the brooch in its original form with the pearl, however the remake with a round Sapphire is stunning, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to comment I liked the brooch in its original form with the pearl, however the remake with a round Sapphire is stunning, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

Thank you, @dk168

See, people have different feeling about pearls. Something about their soft luster does not match diamonds for me. I was thinking, if switch pearls, I’d opt for a Sea of Cortez one. But I love pearls and gems as a front clasp.

As to diamonds and sapphires. In my mind, sapphires still beat any stones.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

STUNNING! THUD. Where did you find such a gorgeous brooch??? Looks like something royalty would wear!!!

cheers--Sharon :kiss2:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

STUNNING! THUD. Where did you find such a gorgeous brooch??? Looks like something royalty would wear!!!

cheers--Sharon :kiss2:

You are too kind, @Canuck-gal!
The brooch I bought at the auction, the sapphire, long time ago, in Tucson, from one US vendor, I wish I kept his card. It is heat only.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's spectacular @Arkteia! Amazing and elegant brooch, and such a beautiful shade of blue. Just stunning!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arkteia wow I LOVE this. Stunning. :love: The blue pops in the setting and those diamonds are amazing. The whole brooch is gorgeous. Wear in health and blingy joy.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arkteia wow I LOVE this. Stunning. :love: The blue pops in the setting and those diamonds are amazing. The whole brooch is gorgeous. Wear in health and blingy joy.

Dear @missy!

Thank you for your kind wishes, and your compliments!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Catmom!
You have amazing jewelry, I really value your opinion!

Aww thank you so much! Your brooch is amazing and I would wear it any time and any day.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thank you so much! Your brooch is amazing and I would wear it any time and any day.

Well, if you say you would wear it any time and any day, I should definitely do the same - plus sleep in it, too! )))

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, if you say you would wear it any time and any day, I should definitely do the same - plus sleep in it, too! )))

:lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that’s stunning

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@Arkteia, you have some delicious gems!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arkteia, you have some delicious gems!

Thank you, Rad_Fan, I am inspired by you dear PS-ers, and your so variable and refined tastes!

ETA: Are these all yours? In the avatar? I really love them! I am thinking of making a ring of my tiny ruby, really love how yours looks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results