shape
carat
color
clarity

!Advise Plz!

mtruong

Rough_Rock
Good morning, everyone

I need experts to help me determine on this diamond that I want to purchase. I included all the specs and images. Give me some thoughts or comments!

ROUND BRILLIANT

Measurements
8.65 - 8.71 x 5.37 mm
Carat Weight
2.50 carat
Color Grade
F
Clarity Grade
Internally Flawless
Cut Grade
Excellent
PROPORTIONS

Depth
61.9 %
Table
56 %
Crown Angle
34.0°
Crown Height
15.0%
Pavilion Angle
40.8°
Pavilion Depth
43.0%
Star Length
50%
Lower Half
80%
Girdle
Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted, 4.0%
Culet
None

FINISH

Polish
Excellent
Symmetry
Very Good
FLUORESCENCE

Fluorescence
None

Thank you ahead! :snooty:

9450879 ASET image.jpg

9450879 Idealscope Image.jpg

9450879 Real Image.jpg

Attachments

• 9450879.pdf
    681.1 KB · Views: 54

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a reason you want IF?

It is visibly the same as a VS1 when being worn, so you are paying a lot for something you can't see.

You will also pay a premium for breaking a psychological barrier, in this instance the 2.5ct mark.

mtruong

Rough_Rock
Thank you, OoohShiny

I will take it into my consideration but I I refer IF.

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are you sure those are the right images? I see what looks like inclusions. Either that or the diamond was filthy and consistently filthy throughout all the image taking

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unlike clarity that is a given, cut can be made flawless - it was not, hence the slight asymmetry in the 'arrows' pattern. Expecting the hearts on the back to show this more. Nothing glaring; then again, neither is the IF thing.

You are choosing a stone - perfect - in another way than I would.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HCA <2 and looks to be potentially borderline AGS000, but as above, the cut quality is not very symmetrical - they haven't cut a 'steep/deep' to retain weight and hit the 2.5ct mark (to make more money) but it is not as good as the branded 'SuperIdeal' cuts from the PS-recommended vendors.

If you post your budget and what your aspirations are, we may be able to find other stones that might suit.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You don't necessarily need super ideal either but within ideal cuts you can get better. IF is only IF at x10 loup.

The arrows are not consistent and the stone is painted and some digging. Some cheating in cut has been done to reach 2.50 and it would bother me.

Out of curiosity what is the reason for IF? Preference or cultural? Is it also important to your intended or just to you. IF =/= more beautiful higher quality diamond

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@gm89uk, going by the OP's username, I'm guessing they are Vietnamese. Like the Chinese (which I am), there is a mistaken view that higher colour and clarity equals better quality diamond (to a certain degree, that is kinda "correct" but as you've pointed out, this stone is not particularly well cut which means that it may look more like a dog's breakfast than a well cut stone).

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@gm89uk, going by the OP's username, I'm guessing they are Vietnamese. Like the Chinese (which I am), there is a mistaken view that higher colour and clarity equals better quality diamond (to a certain degree, that is kinda "correct" but as you've pointed out, this stone is not particularly well cut which means that it may look more like a dog's breakfast than a well cut stone).

Thanks that's useful to know. optical symmetry =/= light performance. It seems to have excellent light return. The painting and digging will affect performance somewhat, and while it looks off compared to the picture perfect superideals people buy around here, I'm sure it's a reasonable performer compared to your average stone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results