shape
carat
color
clarity

Advise on this diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jinnie

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I have seen this diamond and is considering purchasing it but not quite sure if it is a good buy or not? Can someone advise me?Cut: Ideal
Carat: 1.25
Color: E
Clarity: VS2
Culet: None
Table: 56%
Depth: 61.5%
Symmentry: Excellent
Polish: Very Good
Fluoresence: None
Gridle: thin to medium
Comments: NoneThis is GIA certified and it has a Sarin report but no AGS Certification. In the Sarin report it shows the similar information as the GIA cert.The only problem that we noticed was there is a large feather which can be easily seen under a 10X scope from the top and from the bottom. This goes to the surface but it is located on a facet which is closer to the edge than the middle. Can you tell me if this will cause problem in the future? The price of this is $9500.00. Can someone advise me whether this is a good buy or not?
Thank you so much,
Jinnie

Jinnie

Rough_Rock
I believe the Sarin crown was between 34.5 to 35.5 and the pavilion depth was 43.5. Can you tell me what does HCA mean? And how can I do that?Thank you,
Jinnie
[FONT=Verdana,]quote:[/FONT]
Originally posted by Cut Nut:
We really need the sarin crown and pavilion angles to assist you with the cut. Or you could do a HCA yourself.
Garry

camachinist

Rough_Rock
Hi,
a general range of comparables from a vendor who is a respected contributor on DT.IMO, you might be able to slip the clarity and color a bit while maintaining the cut quality to get better value....something in the F-G, VS2-Si1 range, with a good (AGS 0-1) cut will be indestinguishable to the naked eye and should be available for less money.Personally, I could see the gem you described for 800-1K less as a good value...Good luck!Pat[/u]

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Originally posted by camachinist:
Hi,
I normally post over on DT but was in here looking at pricing...
Hi Camachinist, Since you came here from DT for price comparison, I'd like to ask your opinion about it. Do you find it of any help? Do you have any comments?

Jinnie

Rough_Rock
Looking at this diamond the Hearts and Arrow is very clean and clear. I had looked at several and this was the only one that displayed the Hearts and Arrow so clearly.The feather is not close to the girdle but the jeweler said that if we put a prong of the ring there it will cover it up so it will not be visible. He had also mentioned that this feather should not create a problem. As for the pricing I am having a tough time getting close to an average price to the ones on Pricescope. Most jewelers around here is higher and will not negotiate.Thank you,
Jinnie
Originally posted by camachinist:
Hi,
a general range of comparables from a vendor who is a respected contributor on DT.IMO, you might be able to slip the clarity and color a bit while maintaining the cut quality to get better value....something in the F-G, VS2-Si1 range, with a good (AGS 0-1) cut will be indestinguishable to the naked eye and should be available for less money.Personally, I could see the gem you described for 800-1K less as a good value...Good luck!Pat

[/u]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results