shape
carat
color
clarity

Advise on these diamonds needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Canadian2

Rough_Rock
Hi...new to this forum...I need advise on these two diamonds.... .642 : F : VVS1 : 5.52-5.56mm : Table 55% : Depth 61.7% : Crown Angle 34.0 : Pavilion Angle 43.0 : Girdle 0.9-1.6% : Culet Pointed : Inert Fluoresence : AGS 000 2nd Diamond .607 : F : VVS1 : 5.42-5.45mm : Table 57% : Depth 61.5% : Crown Angle 33.9 : Pavilion Angle 43.7 : Girdle 0.9-1.7% : Culet Pointed : Fluor...Inert : AGS000

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi--First off..are those the pavilion ANGLES or the pavlion PERCENTAGES you have listed? Because when I plug them into the HCA as angles as you note, the HCA won't even give me a response as it says the girdle is dangerously too thin for both of them. A pav angle is more along the lines of 41.1 or 40.7 etc. So when I change the angle field to % and put in the 43 and 43.7...here is what I get.

1st stone: .8 TIC (EX EX EX EX) --looks like it could be a great stone. Do you have the depth mm?
2nd stone: 2.6 VG --between the two stones, the first one is definitely a winner by HCA standards--this second one can't match the results.

If you are looking for a cream of the crop cut, you can focus on getting something under 2.0 on the HCA. Between the two based on the specs alone, the winner would be the first stone. Have you seen them in person?

If the post below is correct and those are pav ANGLES and not %..then pass on both of these stones. The girdles are way too thin and will chip and/or cause the stone instability.

Post the depths of the stones if you can in mm and maybe Rhino or someone can do a DiamCalc to show the differences between the two stones.

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I'm sure he posted pavilion %... A 43-43.7' pavilion has a 47 to 48% pavilion... If these numbers were angles, they'd be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too deep and out of AGS0 ranges...

Canadian2

Rough_Rock
Hello.......I would like to thank Mara and Giangi for responding to my questions yesterday. I was looking at 2 diamonds and wanted an opinion as to which one was the better stone. It turns out that I posted the wrong info re. pav. angles. Here are the stats: 1st stone : .642 Carat ; Color F; VVS1 ; 5.52-5.56mm ; Table 55% ; Depth 61.7% ; Crown Angle 34 deg. ; Pavilion Angle 40.8 deg. ; Girdle 0.9-1.6% ; Culet pointed. 2nd Stone : .607 Carat ; Color F ; VVS1 ; 5.42-5.45mm ; Table 57% ; Depth 61.5% ; Crown Angle 33.9 deg. ; Pavilion Angle 40.9 deg. ; Girdle 0.9-1.7% ; Culet pointed. I was wondering about the depth percentages of these stones ; are they okay? Also are they okay to set in a prong type setting? I am from Canada and was considering having the diamond shipped directly to Canada. Are there any other Canadians on the forum that have done this? Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results