shape
carat
color
clarity

Advise on Round 1.66 EGL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dermott_us

Rough_Rock
Can anyone please advise me on the following stone specifications?
I entered the parametsr into the Hollowaway cut advisor, but fear I might be off due to my lack of information.
I am a first time buyer and am not looking for a steal, just a fair shake.
Any advise on the cut or insight into SI2 or the price which is $8000 (may be able to get it slightly lower) would be greatly appreciated.

Certificate Type EGL
Shape and Cutting Stye Round
Measurements 7.61 - 7.49 x 4.77mm
Weight Carat 1.66
Color E
Clarity SI2
Depth Percentage 63.20%
Table Percentage 56.00%
Girdle Medium to Sl . Thick Faceted
Culet None
Polish Good
Symmetry Good
Fluorescence None

Comments - Laser drilled Round brilliant

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
EGL rounds crown and pavilion depth so HCA won't be accurate. However, total depth might be a little deep.

I'm not familiar with the prices of the clarity enhanced diamonds. Similar genuine stone would cost you probably about $9,000-$10,000 in the internet.

dermott_us

Rough_Rock
Leonid,

What did you mean by clarity enhanced diamonds?
I am not familiar with this terminology?

Thanks for the lesson

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Comments - Laser drilled Round brilliant

That it why it costs less than similar genuine diamond in the internet.

Ask you vendor about this comment and whether diamond was treated. I thought you know about it! Usually vendors should explain it to the customers beforehand.

Where did you find it?[/u]

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would not be too upset about a laser drilled diamond. It is the fracture filled stones that should be 2/3rds the price of untreated diamonds.

The cut could be good except you are paying a little extra for a thick girdle.

You may be able to see the SI2 inclusion, will this concern you?

dermott_us

Rough_Rock
I found it through a friend who's relatives own a wholesale shop.
I just had it appraised at Gem Labs in the EAB Plaza (Long Island) and she said a fair market value for the stone is between 9,300 & 10,400. She confirmed the cut and clarity to be correct, but pointed out more than a few inclusions. Overall I think I am going to Pass on this diamond and look for one in the SI1 or better class

Thanks for all the advise

Leanne

Shiny_Rock
I have a 1.02 round brilliant cut diamond with 1 black spot. If I get it enhanced using laser drilling, will it lessen the value of the stone?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You need an expert opinion, find an appraiser in the list.

the answer is if the stone is say a bad I1 and it can be improved to SI1 then it is a clear no brainer.

I had a few clients stone fracture filled (laser drilled and surface reaching inclusions acid etched out and filled with a glass). One was in 2 weeks ago and she is so happy that her grannies I3 is now an SI3/I1. I cleaned it and had a good look - it is not as good as it was - a bit of the glass has abraded away, and it has gone a bit yellow near the surface. But still a big improvement.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You need an expert opinion, find an appraiser in the list.

the answer is if the stone is say a bad I1 and it can be improved to SI1 then it is a clear no brainer.

I had a few clients stone fracture filled (laser drilled and surface reaching inclusions acid etched out and filled with a glass). One was in 2 weeks ago and she is so happy that her grannies I3 is now an SI3/I1. I cleaned it and had a good look - it is not as good as it was - a bit of the glass has abraded away, and it has gone a bit yellow near the surface. But still a big improvement.

Architect

Rough_Rock
Dermott_us,
I did a quick check on you on pricescope and you can find better cut stones than the one you have picked out for less money. The stones I found were about 1.55-1.6 carats, but they were just as big as yours in measurements because they were more ideally cut. There were also several ideal cut stones you can find that are priced in the upper $7k range. For $8000, you can easliy find a stone that has a better cut. Try using the pricescope search and see what you find or go to dirtcheapdiamonds.com and check their search engine because it will group the stones into categories of cut quality. Remember to place the carat range you search for starting at 1.5 carats. Why pay for a stone that is 1.66 carats when you can get one that is 1.55 carats but is just as big and better cut for the same price. You should then be able to pick from several very nice cut stones. The color of the color of the stone you can get a f or even a g and you would not be able to tell the differnce at all when it is mounted. For stones of high color, you need to look through the bottom of the stone in order to see what little difference there is in color from an "e" color to a "g". Hope that helps. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results