shape
carat
color
clarity

Advices needed - IDEAL & ASET images on mounted ring - did I do it correctly?

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All

I tried to take an Ideal and Aset images of a square radiant on a mounted ring (first time doing it). Did I do it correctly? I noticed that there will be more red if I move the scope lower, and less if I move the scope higher. How do I decide whether to move the scope higher or lower?

And is there any light leakage around the center?

IDEAL SCOPE

1.jpg

ASET SCOPE

2.jpg 3.jpg

Last edited:

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you see a mixture of red and green right in the centre, that should be just about right.
The top one is low and the bottom one is high.

About the diamond, it is seriously good.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
When you see a mixture of red and green right in the centre, that should be just about right.
The top one is low and the bottom one is high.

About the diamond, it is seriously good.

Thanks @flyingpig , the 1st image is the IDEAL image while the next 2 are the ASET images. :) I am worried about the white light around the center for the 1st ASET image; light leakages or poor photo taking skills from my end?

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @flyingpig , the 1st image is the IDEAL image while the next 2 are the ASET images. :) I am worried about the white light around the center for the 1st ASET image; light leakages or poor photo taking skills from my end?

Some leakage and weak spots. If it were a MRB, I would say 90/100.

But for a non branded radiant, i say 95/100.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
@La2020 did you use a microscope or just camera on the ideal/aset scopes eye? I have a branded square radiant (princess of hearts) and I’ll try to take the same kind of image so you can compare if that is helpful.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
@La2020 did you use a microscope or just camera on the ideal/aset scopes eye? I have a branded square radiant (princess of hearts) and I’ll try to take the same kind of image so you can compare if that is helpful.

@bright&shiny ! I used a camera on the ideal and aset scope. Yes yeesh! I would love to take look at your branded square radiant hearts to see how it compares to this interesting diamond. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results