shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mmf_81

Rough_Rock
I looked at a few diamonds and I think this is the one I want just not too sure, thought I would see what you guys think. Can someone comment on these specs, not sure that they mean.

P.S. I looked though a scope to see the hearts and arrows and they were perfect, not even sure if that matters....just from reading the forums here. Seems to be a good for some and some say it doesn''t matter. Thanks for your time,
mmf

si1-color i
diameter 6.81mm
Crown 34.74
Pavillion 41.22 degrees
star length 52.8%
girgle 3.55%
cutlet 1.8%-this is my concern???
crown height 14.89%
pavilion depth 43.30
lover halves 77.4%
t.depth 61.74%

33.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Culet 1.8% is small/medium. It''s not really a problem unless you can see it and it bothers you.

I''m more concerned about the 41.2 PA.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Agreed. What is the table %?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2009 9:42:02 PM
Author: JulieN
Culet 1.8% is small/medium. It''s not really a problem unless you can see it and it bothers you.

I''m more concerned about the 41.2 PA.
Ditto and the full diameter please, polish and symmetry grades and type of grading report.

mmf_81

Rough_Rock
table is 57%
diameter is 6.81mm
the stone in uncertified but he put it in this scanner and an image came up with all the angles and %''s.
it says GIA sarin but its not a cert.
the price is low but i just assumed it was because its uncertified.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
On the edge, a little steep in the pavilion. Have you seen it with an Idealscope?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2009 2:56:14 PM
Author: mmf_81
table is 57%
diameter is 6.81mm
the stone in uncertified but he put it in this scanner and an image came up with all the angles and %'s.
it says GIA sarin but its not a cert.
the price is low but i just assumed it was because its uncertified.
I take it the diamond doesn't have a lab grading report such as GIA or AGS, EGL etc? If this is the case then I strongly recommend you make the sale final should you decide to buy this diamond( and get it in writing) that the diamond checks out to your satisfaction in all aspects with an independant appraisal. I would be far more concerned about that at this stage if the diamond does not have a grading report than the proportions. Here is a tool you can use to find an appraiser in your area.

https://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.aspx

If it is the case that the diamond does not have a grading report, then be aware that should you want to upgrade or resell it later, this is difficult enough even with a grading report - without one it would be even more challenging.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results