shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice - Worth it?- Lab/ Diamond/Moissanite

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Dear people on Pricescope,

as my boyfriend is not very detail oriented and would just end up paying 10 000 Euros on a 0.2 carat ring I have taken the matter of sourcing an engagement ring in my hands.

As I have already lost an expensive ring my bf gifted me I was so happy to discover Moissanite. I would love to stay in the range of 3000 dollars (plus tax to Germany).

Now I was set on getting this ring https://thetruegem.com/bridal-collections/elle2
Ring would cost about 3000 dollars (platinum, pavé diamond band and 9x7 f1 oval moissanite - obviously cad cast not hand forged).

I haven't sent my bf the ring because I still want to compare the size 8x6mm with the 9x7mm - not sure if the later will look to big on my size 6 hands.

To be honest I prefer the look of an lab diamond a bit more than the look of a moissanite (but not that much too feel bad for my boyfriend paying more).

After reading through some pricescope threads I had the feeling that the 3000 dollars for the true gem company ring seems a little high - I assume the resale value would be very very low (not hat i would ever sell it but I don't want to overpay on a trend item). But maybe the ring is worth the 3000 dollars?

Am I better of making my boyfriend spend 1000-2000 dollars more and getting a lab diamond?

Does anybody have some thoughts?
Thank you very much!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please report this post to the moderators and have it moved to "fashion jewlery", where moissanite is allowed to be discussed. We can't talk about man made stones or moissanite here on RT.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results