shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice please!

Kristen18

Rough_Rock
I think your current ring is really beautiful and so is your hand! It has a wonderful presence to it. Do you wear it alone or with a band?

Thank you!! I wear it with two bands: one, my original wedding band; and the other a plain one. They don’t match the ring though, and I do wish I had something that matched the ring better! There is a matching band on Blue Nile, but it’s almost 1K and we can’t afford to spend that much for another ring. I’m just trying to be happy with what I have now until I can think of what I would like better.

Kristen18

Rough_Rock
Have you tried on a solitaire on your own finger? I think it's all about how it looks on you for the desired finger coverage. I think your halo is lovely and also has really beautiful details. A solitaire is indeed timeless and classic but I would try on a .75-.9 in person before making that decision since the difference in size may not be what you want in the end. If you still like the way it looks, go for it!

I haven’t actually tried a solitaire on myself yet. I think that’s what my original problem was: hubby suggested I upgrade my set, and instead of going to stores to see what I liked on my hand, I just started to browse online and ordering. I should have tried things out before jumping into it. Oh well. I do love my ring. I think sometimes I just get so caught up at looking at others’ rings and changing my mind. Lol!

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
I haven’t actually tried a solitaire on myself yet. I think that’s what my original problem was: hubby suggested I upgrade my set, and instead of going to stores to see what I liked on my hand, I just started to browse online and ordering. I should have tried things out before jumping into it. Oh well. I do love my ring. I think sometimes I just get so caught up at looking at others’ rings and changing my mind. Lol!

Oh yes definitely recommend trying it on and seeing how you like it on your own hand! I think there are some websites/apps where you can virtually try on rings on your own fingers to see what you like.

And your ring is lovely, I'm sure there are ladies out there ogling your ring and wishing they had a halo like yours :)

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
I think like others have said. You have a beautiful ring right now. Going from your current ring to a 0.5 solitaire, I don’t think you’ll enjoy the coverage on your hand. So enjoy it’s beauty while saving up.

mayo1209

Rough_Rock
OP, I love your ring it is so pretty and unique. I love that it looks like a flower. In my experience whenever I’ve liked something on someone else I’ve often been underwhelmed with how it looks on me.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! I love the halo and how unique the setting is. Great finger coverage as well. You can always buy a CZ solitaire ring to try the style out and see if you even like the look on your finger. Low investment that may quickly answer your question once you can wear it around.

Kristen18

Rough_Rock
OK so this is my current look. Weird, I know. I have my original wedding band that is curved but doesn’t sit all the way flush with the upgraded ring. Then just a plain band below. The hubs doesn’t like this look and thinks it looks weird ha! Any ideas on a look that would be good but won’t break the bank? Maybe I can talk him into getting something else to match the ring. 3E2F5AFF-19DE-4A68-A3E1-BDDB4F680F62.jpeg C463CFD4-8E6D-4378-9E2C-0719DE53289E.png

Last edited:

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
OK so this is my current look. Weird, I know. I have my original wedding band that is curved but doesn’t sit all the way flush with the upgraded ring. Then just a plain band below. The hubs doesn’t like this look and thinks it looks weird ha! Any ideas on a look that would be good but won’t break the bank? Maybe I can talk him into getting something else to match the ring. 3E2F5AFF-19DE-4A68-A3E1-BDDB4F680F62.jpeg C463CFD4-8E6D-4378-9E2C-0719DE53289E.png

I would wear it without the curved band. The e-ring already has plenty of pretty designs and the curved band seems to distract from them. Just the e-ring and a plain band.

If you like, take out a measuring tape and measure your ring across in mm. Then go to diamdb (it’s a website) and you can compare the mm size of that vs the mm of a 0.5(or even 0.75-0.9) solitaire on your actual finger size. It will help you picture how different those two looks are. You can also play around with it to see what size of diamond you’d need for similar coverage. Your ring is super pretty and gives you the look you want - enjoy it!

Sibsgirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I think your ring is stunning. It has a beautiful vintage feel and lots of finger coverage. Perhaps even try wearing it alone for a bit to give it center stage. To me, it stands on its own so wonderfully that I'd forego the bands from time to time. I would personally either wear it alone or with the plain band. Your ring is terrific!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!! I wear it with two bands: one, my original wedding band; and the other a plain one. They don’t match the ring though, and I do wish I had something that matched the ring better! There is a matching band on Blue Nile, but it’s almost 1K and we can’t afford to spend that much for another ring. I’m just trying to be happy with what I have now until I can think of what I would like better.

How about investing in a band that goes with that setting? I'm not sure if BN still does custom, or what band goes with this setting in their inventory, speak with a consultant. As for custom, I love David Klass and Amy, you could check with them for a band creation that would make your setting and diamond feel special.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock

Ohhhhh holding a baby makes look stunning

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Just for your information BN is offering a sale on wedding bands, 20% off.
Enjoy your weekend everyone and Happy July 4 the.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Personally I like the plain band with your ring. If it was my set though I would put it with a curved plain one though so its more flush. Just me though.

If you don't like that idea then honestly I would just save however much you can per month. Even if it's just 5 dollars and get the matching band whenever you are able to. I know how it feels to wait believe me! I had to wear a ring my dad had given me several years prior as my wedding band because we couldn't afford a wedding band on top of my engagement ring. It was worth waiting for though :)

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I would wear the engagement ring with a plain band, it’s pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results