shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice please! Wedding band help

emilycoats

Rough_Rock
Trade
so this past November was my 10th wedding anniversary and I upgraded from a .25 carat solitaire to a custom made tapered cathedral with a 2.5 carat center stone. When I had the piece made, my intention was to wear it by itself and then get a lovely, hefty half eternity band (~2 carats) to wear on my right hand. After getting the ring, I realized that I actually *do* want a wedding band next to it for the more traditional look. The problem is that there are multiple design features of the ering that make a wedding band very tricky.

First, the diamonds on the side of the shank. I’m hoping that a spacer ring will prevent any damage (but let me know if I’m wrong there).

Second problem is the taper, which I love…. But which is causing a weird visual gap when a band is placed next to it (see photos ).

I want as much sparkle/carat weight as possible… buuuut, I’m afraid it’s looking like a smaller band will cause the least issues— I’m even wondering if the wisest thing to do is a plain platinum band. Do any of you have advice on my best options here?

I am attaching photos of the e-ring, some of the bands I’ve tried on in person, and couple I found online that might be in the ballpark. I will go back to the same jeweler and have a custom piece made, so I am open to any and all suggestions! Re: the princess cut/channel cut ring at the end— I think that style is so beautiful and I love the idea of the wedding band being able to stand on its own when desired, I would add milgrain, but even with that, I’m not sure if the square stones would end up clashing with the round. IMG_0960.jpeg IMG_0957.png IMG_0958.png IMG_2176.jpeg IMG_2175.jpeg IMG_2178.jpeg IMG_2183.png IMG_2182.png IMG_2181.png

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
I may not be the right person to answer, as I tend to like pretty simple designs, but hear me out. Your new is ring really beautiful and has some cool design elements. A super blingy wedding band may detract from it. (I have a three stone asscher that I had reset maybe two years ago now, and I find that it looks best alone or with a plain platinum band-I also have short stumpy fingers.)

So, if you want to keep the attention on your new e-ring, I'd go with a plain platinum band, and maybe for an anniversary later get a blingy five stone or something else for your right hand.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, BoulderGal, in my heart I know you are right. Gotta keep it simple.

now im not married so im not sure i have a right to an opinion but i love the look of a simple plain wedding band to accompany your DDG new ring,:kiss2: i too agree that you dont want the wedding band to be competing with the new ER
and i love the idea of an eternity rather than a blinged up Wedding rin

just wondering what you did with the old ER diamond ? any plans to reuse it somehow out of sentimemt

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a Plat spacer band and a really thin diamond band if you really want one, would look best. I’m not a fan of the full eternity band, I find them uncomfortable, and also don’t want to pay for diamonds that can’t be seen and are more prone to damage on the underside of your finger.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results