shape
carat
color
clarity

advice please-Mr. Halloway and others

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cflindquist

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the cut advisor- it has helped me weed through so many stones!!! Can you advise- considering for purchase a .90 RB J/ SI 1 stone-cut advisor gives it a .9 excellent in the TIC range- price is $3150.00
The girdle thickness is something I don't know how to rate...IT is 1.4-2.3 % Is that good/okay? I have been debating between this and a larger, but not as highly rated stone. In your opinion since we are talking partial mm here... How much difference does there need to be in diameter to really notice it- I swear this looks smaller to me than the 1.00 I am considering (I know table can vary a lot) but am wondering if it is psychological since I have always wanted a "carat". Realizing that I could invest wayyyy too much time in making this decision-this stone looks beautiful/ is affordable considering i am putting it in a very pricey setting,and it comes with an upgrade policy. Thanks again for a wonderfully informative site!

cflindquist

Rough_Rock
Hi- the one carat is a J / SI 2 and has depth 62% Table 58.7, crown angle 34.3 and pavillion angle of 41.3 - not certified- and I can get more specs but this is all I have plus the measurements of 6.35-6.42- by 3.96
this stone is $3550.00. It has a crystal that I could see with naked eye sometimes- othertimes I could not find it but thought it would really bug me. They ran the sarin report on it but did not give it to me- I would ask for it but I pretty much have ruled this out due to the visible inclusion.the .90 is also not certified but they would cert for us with GIA for 120.00 and they guarantee their in house grading to be accurate and match with GIA -It is a local jeweler who has a good reputation. It is a J / si 1 and I can see a small white feather type inclusion only under the loupe. the specs are depth 59 table 60.3
pav angle 40.3 crown angle 33.1 cutlet 1.1
girdle 1.4-2.3 diameter 6.29 crown ht 12.9 and pavil depth 42.1. The sarin report graded it a proportion cut grade of 2.
Do you think this .90 seems like a good stone for the price ? want to stay around 4000.00 or less in our budget and have the option to upgrade later if we want to.
thanks!!!!
christina
thanks!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The .90ct diameter?
All sounds prettty good to me
i would take their word on the gia cert
just asking and getting agreement is usually enough for me
unless you think you would ever sell the stone

moediamond

Rough_Rock
Hi C,Can you post the specs (e.g. is it GIA or AGS or EGL?)
measurements?
With these specs, we can give you a better opinion as to which one is the better value.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results