shape
carat
color
clarity

advice on which setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gordon96

Rough_Rock
hi,

i have been busy studying this great website, but cannot settle on which setting to get my gf for a surprise engagement.

She is quite petite, and will require a size 5.5 ring. the diamond i intend to buy will be round around 1ct in weight.

I want to get her the perfect ring as a complete surprise (i have a great proposal idea which i will maybe share at some point!) but i''m quite nervous about which setting to go with. I don''t want to ask her, cos that will give the game away.

Has anyone got any recommendations? I know there are 1000s of different settings but something to point me in the direction would be great. I am thinking it should be a solitaire setting and in platinum.

One that i have seen is here but i dont know if it will be too chunky for her finger.
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/classic-solitaire-settings/ring/item_57-2797.asp

all help greatly appreciated!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t like the little sides.

The Vatche Royal X Prong is sort of similar, and not as chunky as the regular X Prong.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
How about something like this?

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/-Legato--Sleek-Line-Diamond-Solitaire_1118.htm#

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Comfort-Fit--Surprise--Diamond-Ring_765.htm#

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/-W-Prong--Diamond-Solitaire-by-WF_741.htm#

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I also dislike that JA setting. If you''re looking for ideas, try browsing this thread full of solitaire pictures.

If your budget will allow, the Mark Morrell rings are amazing.

gordon96

Rough_Rock
not got the rock yet....that''s the next (nervous) step! I guess i''m thinking choosing the diamond will be easier!?!

the MM is stunning....

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to agree that that ring is not one of my favorites...but I do like almost all the others that were
recommended here!

Mark Morrell makes beautiful settings and I love that first Knoxville setting ...oh and the Whiteflash W
prong is nice too...

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''m not a fan of the JA either. If you want a cross-prong like that, I second the Vatche X-prong suggestion - I think it just flows better.

You might want to consider something with a thinner shank though, since her finger''s small.

Also second the Mark Morrell suggestions - the Sunburst is very pretty and classic. The Flame and Torchiere are more unique and incredibly beautiful.

Or you could take a look at the Whiteflash rings - the Fine Line is a great, classic option.

gordon96

Rough_Rock
do whiteflash do a similar style to the MM sunburst? The sunburst is beautiful, and will look amazing on her finger.....

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for MM!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 6:03:46 PM
Author: gordon96
do whiteflash do a similar style to the MM sunburst? The sunburst is beautiful, and will look amazing on her finger.....

They have six prong settings, including one that looks very similar to the classic Tiffany. The Sunburst is a unique setting to MM though so I think the answer is no. Go with the Sunburst!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the prongs on that sunburst!

UNCBlake

Rough_Rock
Another vote for the Mark Morrell settings!!

I have the same size finger... and my (soon-to-be-official) fiance and I went with a 1 carat diamond / classic torchiere setting.

Good luck deciding!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
It really depends on your budget. If you can swing a Mark Morrell, I would do it hands down - they are GORGEOUS.

If not, I second/third/infinity reccomend the Vatche X Prong as well. It''s elegant and flows well, and would work on petite hands!

gordon96

Rough_Rock
my total budget is around $7000. i think i''m looking at ~2000 for the setting leaving 5000 for the rock......

so any help / recommendations on the rock would be great! I am hoping for as close to 1ct as possible.

do you think i would be as well sacrificing the MM settings for a cheaper option in order to go for the bigger and better quality diamond!!

(
19.gif
sooooo many different things to consider!)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 8:59:16 AM
Author: gordon96
my total budget is around $7000. i think i'm looking at ~2000 for the setting leaving 5000 for the rock......

so any help / recommendations on the rock would be great! I am hoping for as close to 1ct as possible.

do you think i would be as well sacrificing the MM settings for a cheaper option in order to go for the bigger and better quality diamond!!

(
19.gif
sooooo many different things to consider!)
Ok, going by this pricing guide, a Sunburst would run roughly 1800.00. So you could get something like this to go with.

You would get a 5% PS discount off the listed price.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-1848209.htm

That would make a fabulous ring!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results