shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on which marquise to buy for e-ring

BSP2019

Rough_Rock
Th photo didn’t look light, it has some color but I think the rose gold will compliment it very well. @Starfacet has a beautiful diamond I saw in person that has some brown undertones set in rose gold, maybe she will post a photo for you!

Ohh I'd love that!

BSP2019

Rough_Rock
Th photo didn’t look light, it has some color but I think the rose gold will compliment it very well. @Starfacet has a beautiful diamond I saw in person that has some brown undertones set in rose gold, maybe she will post a photo for you!

I agree the picture looks dark. And I definitely wanted some color (so long as the undertones are brown and not yellow), but was thinking if the stone was graded a J then it couldn't be that dark of a brown. I thumbed through some brownish-undertoned K marquise stones on James Allen, and even those looked great to me. Still very very light brown and sparkly.

I thought that once they get as low as K color, the GIA report would note any brownish undertones. The reason (I thought) being that J color undertones weren't dark enough to mention in the report. I wonder how much variance there is?

But the exact shade of the one I bought is difficult to decipher. At this point I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping it looks like I'm imagining it will, but it will be easy to change out the stone if not. It's hard to tell from online videos.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh and a K with brown undertones is a favorite of mine when paired with rose gold

BSP2019

Rough_Rock
Oh and a K with brown undertones is a favorite of mine when paired with rose gold

Well hopefully mine will look similar! :) that's the look I'm going for. The first stone I posted from four mine has a brown shade noted on its report and it's a K color.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well hopefully mine will look similar! :) that's the look I'm going for. The first stone I posted from four mine has a brown shade noted on its report and it's a K color.

But that bow tie! Not a perfect comparison but it gives you a nice side by side. The K almost looks more yellow to me, the cut of the J just looks way better to my eyes. How do you feel seeing them side by side?

310A2F66-C930-4FF1-BAF8-58053B8B693A.jpeg

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Also don’t mean for it to seem like I’m stalking your responses, baby is sleeping I the bassinet and I’m just waiting on her to wake up lol

BSP2019

Rough_Rock
Also don’t mean for it to seem like I’m stalking your responses, baby is sleeping I the bassinet and I’m just waiting on her to wake up lol

Haha, not at all! Thank you for your help and for posting those side by side. You are amazing. Looking at the two, I like the pointier tips of the K but the cut of the J looks like it will have more sparkle/better movement. That's my totally non-expert opinion. But the tips will be covered anyway, so that doesn't matter as much. I see what you mean about it looking sliiiiightly more yellow. When I first saw it I thought it was a little pinkish almost, but now I'm not sure. I wish I could see them irl!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you mean either ring in my avatar? The top in an N color and the bottom one is a J.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Any update?! Had this diamond on my mind

BSP2019

Rough_Rock
Any update?! Had this diamond on my mind

Not yet! It will be here next Wednesday at the latest, but I am crossing my fingers it will come early. The waiting is hard. :D

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not yet! It will be here next Wednesday at the latest, but I am crossing my fingers it will come early. The waiting is hard. :D

:???: Boooooo dang them for the “long” wait lol

BSP2019

Rough_Rock
My camera is terrible, so I will try to get some better photos soon! But OMG it looks amazing in person. Thank you all for your suggestions and help! :)

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes! The color looks perfect :kiss2: so happy its made you happy! Can’t wait to see more photos

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
love love love!!! A K, faint brown stone is on my wishlist. it is absolutely lovely, is the band rose gold or yellow gold?

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!!!

BSP2019

Rough_Rock
love love love!!! A K, faint brown stone is on my wishlist. it is absolutely lovely, is the band rose gold or yellow gold?

Thank you! It's 14k rose gold :)

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t see any bow tie! Very lovely

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results