shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on whether this is good to go?!

Q

Queenie60

Most VS1 diamonds are eye clean. It would be best to call Enchanted diamonds and have them check with the cutter to confirm that it's eye clean. If it were a prominent crystal it would probably be graded SI 1

k3wt

Rough_Rock
I spoke to them on their chat function. Whilst the guy said he had not seen it in person he assured me that all vs1 and even si1 are eye clean! I am not sure if this is the case?

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Some SI1 are eye clean but you have to search

KarenD

Rough_Rock
looks good on the pictures, VS1 is a high clarity grade. If you decide to go for it make sure they have a flawless return policy.

k3wt

Rough_Rock
Hi

Thanks for the replies. Apologies but this is the first time I have bought a diamond. They have suggested I can return it and pay for the shipping but I don't know under what conditions. Is there anything I should look out for?

Q

Queenie60

Yes - when dealing with Enchanted Diamonds be sure that you are very specific. Ask Josh or Jon to personally review the diamond before sending to you. It has been my experience with them that they receive the stone, then send it off to you via Federal Express overnight. Their customer service has been lacking in the recent months. Also, I would check the GIA number and search for the stone on other online sites. I have found that their stones have been priced about 10% higher than other online vendors - same GIA report number. Take the time to do your research - several hundred dollars or in some cases a few thousand can make a huge difference. If they inspect the stone and tell you that it's perfectly eye clean, etc. then the responsibility lies with them. Good luck to you.

And one more thing - confirm everything via email, in writing.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
It'll be eye clean.

Enchanted is sometimes higher than other places but since they provide pics, vids, and reflector images I'm more inclined to pay their slight premium. They also include one of those spring type gem holder rings so you see what it looks like on your finger. Nice 30 day return policy too.

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
k3wt|1444892363|3938430 said:
I spoke to them on their chat function. Whilst the guy said he had not seen it in person he assured me that all vs1 and even si1 are eye clean! I am not sure if this is the case?

They have been corrected on this point (eye-cleanliness in SI1 stones - do a search for previous threads), but it appears they insist on spreading this falsehood.

I would not do business with anyone who willing perpetuates known falsehoods in the name of making a sale.

Not all SI1 stones are eye-clean. Anyone telling you differently is lying to you.

alamana

Shiny_Rock
Do you know who you are chatting with at Enchanted? Is it Josh or Jon? Figure out who you are chatting with, make sure it is Josh or Jon (who are the owners) and make your needs regarding an eye clean stone very clear to them. Jon was excellent about helping me find the right stone for me; I was considering a pear and he found me another one that was the same size, better clarity and color, with a great cut ... and it cost less money than the one I'd originally contacted them about. I love my stone and feel I got a very competitive price on it.

BUT -- as great as that was, I will second the other poster's comment about their customer service being an issue, as the transaction was FAR from smooth. Enough so that I would worry about having to go through a return with them.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... he assured me that all vs1 and even si1 are eye clean!

Not true, and very slimy to say so. :knockout:

Red Flag!
I would not buy from this vendor.
I'd call the boss and tell them why.

k3wt

Rough_Rock
kenny|1444954685|3938719 said:
... he assured me that all vs1 and even si1 are eye clean!

Not true, and very slimy to say so. :knockout:

Red Flag!
I would not buy from this vendor.
I'd call the boss and tell them why.

I have been chatting and emailing with Josh. I requested H&A views of another diamond. He stated it was perfect and from one of the best cutters it the world... I'll let you see what to make of it....:/

image_95.jpg
image_94.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hearts and arrows pics look great.
Asymmetry in the hearts is artifact of photography - you can see the symmetry along the 2o'clock - 8o'clock line -- this stone was slightly tilted under the H&A scope during photography (along the 5o'clock - 11o'clock axis, normal to the axis of symmetry above)

Report? Any other photos?

k3wt

Rough_Rock
Just these extra two. The aset is purple? I'm not sure what that means as I have found no reference to purple anywhere.

image_97.jpg
image_96.jpg

Which is more preferable? The stone in the opening post or the latter one? The latter one is slightly more costly.

I have asked whether he would accept a free return from the UK if I buy the first linked diamond and it's not eye clean. Josh did say that it would be graded si1 if it were not eye clean.

k3wt

Rough_Rock
Yssie|1445007644|3938887 said:
Hearts and arrows pics look great.
Asymmetry in the hearts is artifact of photography - you can see the symmetry along the 2o'clock - 8o'clock line -- this stone was slightly tilted under the H&A scope during photography (along the 5o'clock - 11o'clock axis, normal to the axis of symmetry above)

Report? Any other photos?

Should there be a report?

alamana

Shiny_Rock
I see the first diamond you posted is GIA certified ... and I'm guessing the second is as well? When I bought from Enchanted there was a downloadable GIA Report on the page with the diamond for each of the diamonds I considered. If I remember correctly, the cert is revealed when you click on a button that is near their "Compare" and "Find Similar Diamonds" buttons. But I think you will need an account on their website to see it and click on it. (Creating the account should take only seconds and you will need to create one to purchase anyway.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results