shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nicoleleigh

Rough_Rock
What type of wedding band do you think I should get to go with this ring? I was kind of wanting my wedding band to be a thicker shared prong ring but am unsure if it will look good. Any Advice?

ring123new.jpg

kjt

Rough_Rock
Why not go with the shared prong? What''s holding you back?

Do you have the ring in your possession yet? The only thing that I can think of why you wouldn''t want a shared prong is if you wanted it to sit flushed and it wouldn''t. Is the setting high enough?

Other than that, I think the matching shared prong would look gorgeous! If you wanted more bling, how about 2 micro pave bands on each side of the ring? Say around 2mm?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovely - just be sure the diamonds on your wb don''t rub those of your ER - hare you tried on a bunch yet?

krockie

Shiny_Rock
I generally prefer plain wedding bands, but that''s just me. I''m mainly posting to say how much I love your oval. Its a beautiful ring.

The best thing I can recommend is to try on a bunch of different types of bands to see what feels best to you. Have you tried a shared prong yet?

nicoleleigh

Rough_Rock
I was wanting more bling for the wedding band...do you think I could do 2 shared prong bands on either side if they were the size width as my ering. Also do you think I would have a big problem with the diamonds rubbing together and are there any solutions to fixing that?

kjt

Rough_Rock
Sure, I think you could do a shared prong band on each side. Just remember that if you stack them up, they''ll get thicker and not as "delicate". If that''s the look that you''re going for, why not?

If you still wanted the shared prong with a delicate look, perhaps you could just get 2 bands that use smaller diamonds.

I do suspect that they will rub together, but that''s with every ring that you pair together. What type of metal did you get?

nicoleleigh

Rough_Rock
the ering is platinum. maybe i will just go with one shared prong band. But now I am a little concerned if the diamonds will rub together. Will the cause any damage to them?

tommalle

Rough_Rock
I would be concerned about the band. The ring that is pictured does not have a smooth band. Would putting other rings next to it rub and wear away the metal detail on the side?

nicoleleigh

Rough_Rock
thats what i''m worried about also...are they''re any solutions to that?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 6:02:40 PM
Author: nicoleleigh
thats what i''m worried about also...are they''re any solutions to that?
You could get a plain, thin spacer band, or you could get your rings soldered together.

nicoleleigh

Rough_Rock
do you know where i can find examples of both of those options?

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
it looks like the diamonds on your ring might rub up against the diamonds on the wedding band. Maybe look into some other styles or perhaps get a spacer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results