shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on this stone please - is it brown?

deeman

Rough_Rock
I'm considering this stone and would appreciate thoughts on it. It's a WF ACA which would suggest everything should be good with it, but the first image I see seems to have a lot of brown in it around the edges. Is this a concern or is it to do with the way the image has been captured? Are there any other watch outs for the stone. Thank you

Reactions: AV_

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tbh it’s hard to tell. If you ask WF to photograph it next to other Hs on a white background from the side - that would help you see if it is just the way the photo is or if it’s a real tint. They’re very responsive to requests

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t believe it it but you should ask

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd ask for a side-view photo of it placed next to a D color ACA of similar carat weight, both against a white background.
Not two separate photos, but one photo of both together side by side.

For body color comparison face up pics are less-useful since the high light return of well-cut diamonds hides body color when they are viewed face up.
... and ACAs are extremely well cut!
Also, when we look down at our ring we usually see our diamond in side view.

Last edited:

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Looks pretty white to me in the video

AV_

Ideal_Rock
It is H - the tint is too light to call it any colour & this is why GIA calls it 'near colourless'.

I wouldn't dare second guess!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it was probably something in the environment when the picture was taken. Call and tell them your concerns. Ask for another photo.

TODiamonds

Shiny_Rock
It is impossible to tell from these photos and video - especially the way WF presents the video which is not very useful imo. Ask for photos of the Top down side view. While you're at it I'd pick oUt 2-3 other stones for the comparison so you have a benchmark

Last edited:

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
Their videos look like they are done with colorful strobe lights in the background. It makes it really hard to judge anything. I would get them to send more photos

TODiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I wish all the online vendors did their videos like James Allen. They produce hands down the clearest, most transparent, consistent and genuinely useful videos.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results