shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on this round...crown angle tolerance question

svlin

Rough_Rock
I have been reading everything I can about the crown/pavilion angle tolerances in addition to how to understand the rest of the numbers and I wanted to get some opinion from the forums on the stats for this diamond.

Here are the AGS values
The diamond itself is a 1ct AGS 000 ideal cut diamond.
Table %: 56.6
Depth %: 61.5
Crown %: 15.0
Crown Angle: 34.9 --> Sarin says 34.6-35.3
Star %: 54.0
Pav Angle: 40.9 --> Sarin says 40.6-41.0
Pavillion %: 43.1
Lower Girdle %: 76.0
Girdle Min-Max %: 1.5-3.7

from reading everything I think the Pav angle is okay, but is the crown angle tolerance of 0.7 something to be concerned about?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good to me.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
All the images look good. Wider ranges simply suggest it's more likely for the stone to have symmetry issues. But since it's an AGS0 and the IS/ASET checks out, I don't see much to be concerned about. Don't put as much weight on the computer generated map when you have actual IS/ASET images.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a beautiful diamond.

svlin

Rough_Rock
thbmok|1311775975|2977959 said:
All the images look good. Wider ranges simply suggest it's more likely for the stone to have symmetry issues. But since it's an AGS0 and the IS/ASET checks out, I don't see much to be concerned about. Don't put as much weight on the computer generated map when you have actual IS/ASET images.

Okay thanks...guess I was starting to over think all the values/stats of the diamond on the associated Sarin and AGSL generated map.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There are too many variables in cutting to make a decision based on Sarin data. If AGSL says the stone is a top end stone, then in all liklihood, it will be a lovely looking diamond. The numbers you provided look completely acceptable. The nuance differences in ASET or I-S images cannot really determine what you might choose when you examine a few diamonds in identical lighting, side-by-side. Personal preference cannot be predicted to that degree.

b2cjewels

Rough_Rock
Trade
**edited by moderator. please remember that trade members may not comment on stones being considered by our members to avoid bias**

svlin

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the responses. I think I was getting a bit paranoid looking at all the images, numbers etc. because I am picking this stone as a surprise e-ring and really wanted to find the best stone within my budget. Like the poster said above though, as good as it looks through all the online images provided, I won't really know if I like it till I see it. Either way I have already made the move to purchase this stone.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats :))

Just as oldminer says. The scan really should list machine uncertainty - it does not, which is misleading.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results