shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on this Radiant Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ringless in Texas

Rough_Rock
Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I have been searching for a nice D SI Radiant in my price range with no luck for a while. Thank you!

2.71 carats
D
SI2
Radiant
Depth: 68.1
Table: 63
crown: 8%
Polish: GD
Symmetry: VG
Cultet: N
Girdle: Thin
Flour: None
9.3x7.7x5.24
Price: 15,000

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I think that the crown is too low. I thought it would be higher with those numbers. Could still be pretty though. I am a fan of a good si2..but are you sure it's eye clean by your standards and that there are no inclusions that could impact the integrity of the stone? I' personally lose the D and go for an E or F and up your clarity unless you have a super si2 which do exist but are hard to find...might make your search easier and more fruitful!

Ringless in Texas

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for your insight. I wondered about the crown too.

My problem is that I'm a D kinda girl.

I can hold up a stone all by itself and tell instantly, that it's an E or F and not a D and it would bug me.

Hence, the D, SI requirement -- a tough search.

The vendor is getting the stone in to eyeball it, but has been told that it is beautiful and the vendor says he trusts this supplier.

If anyone has any suggestions for what I ask once the vendor has the stone in, please advise.

Thanks!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I understand your issue with color...but it would bug me more if my stone didn't sparkle b/c it was poorly cut...If you found an "ideal" cut and performing E...you'd NEVER been able to tell the difference b/c of the superior cut. I wouldn't discount the D Si2...but I'd buy an idealscope for $25 and check out the light leakage...

moosewendy

Rough_Rock
I'd be a little wary of that stone. It has an EGL certificate which usually means that the GIA would grade it an I1. Also the price is too low. A well cut GIA D SI2 2.70 should run close to $20,000. I can't imagine anyone selling it for much less than $18,000. Beware of deals that look to good, there's usually a reason.

reena

Ideal_Rock
yes, i dont know a lot about radiant pricing, but that price looks extremely low for a 2.71 carat D colored stone. like the others said, it could very well be that the SI2 has noticeable inclusions. check it out carefully.
read.gif

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
a 2.07ct radiant cut, F, SI1 (eye clean) was going for about $14900. (big difference in ct weight with the one you have, so it should be a lot more expensive!! ) Even though the numbers don't look too bad, but i would check out the cut quality. There is a good reason why that one is priced so low.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results