shape
carat
color
clarity

advice on this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sethramsey

Rough_Rock
hi all. my jeweler showed me this stone today and i am a bit wary b/c it is an egl cert. any comments on the stone:
color: D
clarity: SI1 (white feather, it is not too bad at all)
.85 carats
depth: 63.5% (a bit much?)
table: 58%
crown height: 14%
pavilion depth: 43%
girdle: thick, faceted (problematic?)
polish: good
symmetry: good
culet: none
5.95-5.93x3.77
$3050
it looks like the cert is from israel b/c the number starts w/23. any comments would be welcome and if i should ask addiitonal info let me know. thank you so much, this board has been wonderful.

sethramsey

Rough_Rock
is the egl cert a bad thing? i tried to run this through the cut adviser and it wouldn't let me unless i drop the depth down to 63 instead of 63.5 and then it score decently.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Sethramsey,

EGL Israel might not be as strict as EGL NY USA. You'll be safer by checking the stone with independent appraiser.

You're right, this diamond is rather deep cut with thick girdle.

Re: HCA. EGL report shows rounded crown and pavilion depth %. Plugging them into HCA is waste of time.
sad.gif

sethramsey

Rough_Rock
i'm guessing the general consensus would be to hold off on this one and look for a better cut stone - i'm not in a great hurry to buy though i am getting really anxious and would like to have a diamond already (:
thanks for the input - i am unsure of the stone and was hoping to see if someone would dismiss my concerns and say it is a great stone.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Howdy!
Do you want to buy a D SI 1 or an F SI 2 or worse?
2.gif

A diamond like yours should have a 6.15-6.20mm diameter... Yours will look considerably smaller. Basically you're paying for something you cannot see.
Stick with GIA, AGS, HRD and IGI antwerp for higher accurancy...
1.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You can get a .75-.78ct with an average diameter of 5.98mm (as opposed to 5.94mm on this .85) if you do your homework on cut and get a stone with incredibly more outstanding brilliance. 63.5 depth should be disqualified regardless of which lab it's coming from.

Rhino

sethramsey

Rough_Rock
thanks for all the advice - i've passed on this stone and i'm glad your opinions validated mine. thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results