shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

javasnow

Rough_Rock
I hope all of the regulars here can tolerate another "is this deal good" question. I appreciate any thoughts.

I''ve spent a long time looking, and have found a jeweler I feel good buying from. The diamond in question is newly certified (EGL-LA), but I do not have the certificate yet (diamond was just shipped, cert should follow in 2-3 days; I will not purchase until I have it). I do have the Megascope numbers, though I''m not sure how much stock to put in these (first time I heard of them). Here''s the stats that I do have:

Round Brilliant
Cert: EGL-LA (G color, VS2 clarity)
Weight: 1.63 carat
depth: 57.7%
crown: 30.9 deg. (12.0%)
pavil: 40.4 deg. (42.6%)
table: 58.2%
culet: 0.8%
girdle: 1.6%
HCA Score: 2
Seller''s asking price: $7,600

The diamond does look really good to me. I''ve looked at a bunch of diamonds lately, and this deal seems really good to me, but I''m having last minute jitters (on the diamond, not the proposal!). Anyway, thanks in advance for any help.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
The shallow angles make for an interesting combination. They give you a nice spread and good fire but you get some leakage. I see from the HCA that light return is GOOD while the other parameters are EXCELLENT.

The thing to do would be to compare it against a more ideal stone (in terms of light return) and see if your stone looks as good. It may be as good or better!

You may want to read the thread on EGL graded stones, too.

Have fun with it!

R/A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results