shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on this Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MarkM

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I'm looking to find a 1ct diamond that is very well cut. Here are a few that I found. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on which is better and if the price is reasonable or not.

I believe the first diamond is an Aglaia. I saw one in a local store and it looked very nice, but they were selling an H color SI1 1ct for close to $12,000! The one listed is around $7,000, which seems like a much better deal. I'd really like to stick with an H&A diamond because they seem to shine the best. If anyone one has any suggestions on other diamonds I would love to hear about them. I am only interested in the round shape.

Thanks,

Mark[/u][/u][/u]

MarkM

Rough_Rock
Does this help :))

First Diamond:
Shape: Round
Dimensions: 6.55 x 4.02mm
Carats: 1.05
Depth: 61.5%
Table: 56%
Girdle: -----
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Clarity: VS2
Color: G
Fluorescence: -----
Comments: THIS "SUPERIDEAL" AGS TRIPLE ZERO AGLAIA "HEARTS AND ARROWS" GEMSTONE COMES WITH A BEAUTIFUL TWEAKED WOODEN BOX, A SPECIALIZED HEARTS AND ARROWS LOUPE AND A CARD WITH THE ORIGINAL WEIGHT OF YOUR DIAMOND IN IT'S ROUGH DIAMOND STATE.

Second Diamond
Dimensions: 6.45x6.40x3.99mm
Carats: 1.00
Cut: Ideal
Depth: 62.1%
Girdle: Thin to slightly thick, faceted
Cutlet: PointedPolish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Clarity: SI1
Color: F
Fluorescence: None
Accompanied By: AGS grading report

Third Diamond:
Dimensions: 6.57x6.56 x 3.97mm
Carats: 1.01
Cut: Ideal
Depth: 60.5%
Girdle: Thin
Cutlet: None
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Color: G
Fluorescence: Medium blue
Accompanied By: GIA grading report

The links for the actual pages are in the first post and should be in the same order as these specs.

Thanks,

Mark

buttercup

Rough_Rock
how about a superbcert instead? branded super-ideal H&A just like aglaia, and a little more affordable. for less than the H SI1 Aglaia, you could get a F VS2 SuperbCert.

the Blue Nile stones sound very nice, but if you want H&As, you'll have to do some further investigation with those probably.[/u][/u]

MarkM

Rough_Rock
Thanks buttercup! I'll look through the list and see what I can find.

I was looking on DirtCheapDiamonds.com and found what looks like a great priced H&A diamond. I'm guessing these are all generic H&A diamonds, right? Is there any additional specs I should look or ask for? I'd like to test the specs in the HCT and see how it does.

Carats: 1.07
Dimensions: 6.53-6.57X4.06
Color: H
Depth: 62
Table: 57
Symmetry: EX
Polish: EX
$4,900

I may try and call them to get the crown, pavillion, culet, and girdle specs. I'm thinking of getting a Verragio ring to mount the diamond to and this price will make that much easier :))

Thanks,

Mark[/u][/u]

buttercup

Rough_Rock
mark-
that diamond might be the winner!
the only thing i want to say about the unbranded H&As is that just b/c it's H&A doesn't mean that it's going to be as sparkly as that Aglaia you saw.
on one of the other diamond forums, there was a story about someone who had purchased one of the unbranded h&a's and sent it to consumersgemlab.com for evaluation. apparently the h&a's were beautiful, but the light return was stinky. thank goodness for people like rockdoc with all their fancy equipment. Jonathan at Goodoldgold.com and Jan/Brad at diamondbrokersoffl.com actually have brilliancescopes in their stores and can check stones out for you with their fancy machines to help you decide.
If you do go for that H&A from dirtcheap, you might want to send it to someone that can run some tests to analyze light return and what not.
for under $6K.

here are a few from diamondbrokersoffl.com's website that they could get in for you and run a brilliancesopc on, plus they'll match any lower price you find on these stones...(but most of their good stuff isn't even on their site so you'd have to contact them)
GIA RD 1.00 H SI1 6.56 IDEAL H&A 59.30 57 NN EXCELLENT EXCELLENT 4613.84
GIA RD 1.02 H SI1 6.54 IDEAL H&A 60.10 57 NN EXCELLENT EXCELLENT 4942.14
GIA RD 1.05 H SI1 6.59 IDEAL H&A 61.00 56 NN EXCELLENT EXCELLENT 4965.66
GIA RD 1.06 H SI1 6.52 IDEAL H&A 62.20 56 NN EXCELLENT EXCELLENT 5074.44
GIA RD 1.07 H SI1 6.55 ideal H&A 62.00 57 NN EXCELLENT EXCELLENT 4937.24[/u]

muddy guy

Rough_Rock
I'd definitely get the Sarin data and run it through the HCA. I've only made one purchase, but my .4 HCA knocked the socks off of everyone at every jewelry store I took it to! The HCA is an awesome tool!

Muddy Guy
:appl:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results