shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on this diamond please?

Shelley9

Rough_Rock
Hi I have been looking on PS with the parameters Diamondseeker posted and came up with this diamond. Do you think it is ok?
Code:
https://www.pricescope.com/diamond/be90a5320a382c5952bad649fbc80ba3
from Solomon Brothers.
Thanks for your help

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hey Shelley9 - I can't comment on the stone because I'm in the trade and it's against forum rules, so I'll just give you a 'bump' and hopefully someone else on the forum will help you out. If you have any photos you can put up of the stone I'm sure you'd get a better response.
Good luck

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Promising, but I expect some leakage under the table, based on what I have seen for 34/41 combo.

You need the ASET/IS to check for any significant light leakage..
I am a bit concern of 7mm deviation on the diameter as well.

With these proportions and carat weight/price, again, you need the IS/ASET.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think one can generalize that this stone would have leakage. The numbers are good and the HCA is 1.3. It would be nice to have a magnified image of the stone at least, and an ASET image would be good, too. Can you ask SB if they could do those?

Shelley9

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. Why would it have leakage under the table? What are the parameters to use to avoid this or is leakage nothing to do with the parameters? Still learning. Thankyou again for your help. Any other stones you would recommend? I have found a couple on Jogia but they charge $200 to call the stone in for further investigations, pictures.
:D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you located in the US? What is your budget? Jogia is in Australia, so that wouldn't be a good idea unless you are in Australia.

You can't tell for sure about leakage unless you have an idealscope or ASET image. Sometimes we can tell just from the magnified image. But this applies to all diamonds. As far as buying blind just by numbers, this stone should be good. However, if you are open to looking at other vendors, we can probably find stones with images.

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
Shelley9 said:
Thanks everyone. Why would it have leakage under the table? What are the parameters to use to avoid this or is leakage nothing to do with the parameters? Still learning. Thankyou again for your help. Any other stones you would recommend? I have found a couple on Jogia but they charge $200 to call the stone in for further investigations, pictures.
:D
For starters you can look for stones with Pavillion angle lower than 41°. It brings you within the safe territory.

Having said that however, 41s are worth having a look - it might be 40.9 that got rounded as a 41?

Shelley9

Rough_Rock
Hi Diamondseeker yes I am in Australia so that's why I was looking at Jogia. But in saying that when i put my search in the PS search site I came up with the Solomon bros diamond. If you could look at Jogia and find a stone you recommend I would appreciate it. my budget is $9000AUD for the stone which I am getting made up here by my jeweller. I did find two when looking with your parameters
GIA # 1218574510 and GIA#6215780903. I am looking for at least a 7mm table. Thanks again

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
If you've already got someone lined up here in Aus to do the ring, why don't you get them to source a stone for you? All the diamonds you've posted are on the open market, so if your jeweller has any experience in diamond buying and has a bit of buying power to get something at a good price (or is at least a good negotiator ;-) ), they should be able to source a stone for you. Just tell them that since they're not buying for stock, and it will be a quick flip for them, they won't have the associated overheads involved like they would if they were buying for stock...so their price to you should reflect that. You can even get the people here on PS to find you a stone, and then have you're jeweller get it for you.
Hope this helps

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results