shape
carat
color
clarity

advice on switching out head

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isabel

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone!

I have the legato shared prong setting from Whiteflash with a 2.39ct round. The head is "integrated" into the ring. I had actually asked for it to be as close to peg-set as possible but I guess that got lost in translation back when it was ordered. I asked for this so that I wouldn''t have to notch out the prong too much for the wedding band to sit flush. I also asked for the diamond to sit medium to high, but it''s actually set as LOW as humanly possible.

I''ve had the ring for about 8 months now and LOVE it but it''s now time to get the band and make at decision....so here''s my question:

Can I change out the head to sit higher without damaging the setting?

Will that help the wedding band sit better so that I don''t need to notch out the prong too much?

BTW the jeweler said that he notches out prongs in 6-prong heads all the time with no problems.

THANKS!

isabel

Shiny_Rock
Well to be honest, I had multiple multiple conversations about the head being non-integrated and also not being set as low as possible. The WF rep definately understood what I wanted and said that it was completely possible. I know that a lot of people that use Whiteflash like theirs set low, however I wanted it medium or even slightly "high".

But when my fiance proposed it was completely integrated and was set quite low. I didn''t try to do anything about it because by the time he proposed it was way past the "return" date.

At this point, I figure that if the person I was working with didn''t understand what I wanted back then, I probably shouldn''t send it back there.

Do you disagree or have some advice?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results