shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

xcite10

Rough_Rock
This is the stone I am purchasing for my girlfriend.

What do you guys think is a good price for something like this?

Shape A Cut Above H&A
Carat 0.804
Color F
Clarity SI1
Measurements (mm) 5.93-5.96 x 3.67
Table % 57
Depth % 61.8
Crown Angle ° 34.2
Crown % 14.5
Pavilion Angle ° 40.9
Pavilion % 43.1
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Girdle 1.2%-1.9% Thin to Slightly Thick Faceted
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence Inert

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
How much is it? $$

xcite10

Rough_Rock
Sorry the cost of the stone is
$3.5k...

acanuck

Rough_Rock
Sounds like a fair price and nice stone, rates a 1.5 on the HCA and several vendors here are listing similar stones for ~$3500.

----------------
On 9/22/2003 8:35:27 AM xcite10 wrote:

Sorry the cost of the stone is
$3.5k...----------------

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Well, since it's even a branded H&A stone, it's definitely a very good price. This one has great proportions and will look just as big (but much nicer) than many 1ct stones tha you see at the malls... Overly deep with thick girdles and pavilions.
Great stone!
1.gif
Lesley is a gem too!
1.gif

wavey.gif

xcite10

Rough_Rock
My biggest concern was if the branded H&A was worth the extra premium. I fell in love with the Hearts on Fire diamonds. I was told that these are just as beautiful.

xcite10

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have anyother comments on this stone?

1.gif

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
I can tell you that I'm very happy with my recent A Cut Above purchase.

xcite10

Rough_Rock
How would you say this compares to non Branded stones. More brilliance, more fire, better light return.

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 9/25/2003 10:34:21 AM xcite10 wrote:

How would you say this compares to non Branded stones. More brilliance, more fire, better light return.----------------

Yes on all three counts. It also easily ourperformed the only "branded" stone that I looked at in the store: the Leo diamond. It was also about $3000 cheaper than a similarly sized Leo.

I am very happy with mine, but you'll have to make the final choice yourself. I don't really understand your concern, they have a fairly liberal return policy I believe. If you don't like it...send it back!
9.gif

magna2

Shiny_Rock
xcite10,

Whether a branded diamond is worth the extra premium is a personal decision. You'll find non-branded H&A diamonds that are just as beautiful at lower prices if you do some research. The premium that you'll be paying ensures that the diamond is consistent with the cut quality that the seller has specified as his brand parameters.

Some are willing to pay a premium and some are not. If you are comfortable with paying a premium then by all means go ahead with the branded diamond. The "A Cut Above" diamond you identified sounds great and it will cost you less than the "Hearts on Fire" diamond and is probably as beautiful, if not more so, than the HoF.

rodent.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
It looks like a lovely stone. ACA stones seem to be fairly reasonably-priced (unlike HoF stones). I've noticed that they are often comparable to unbranded stones.

FYI, it's not necessarily true that it performs better than an unbranded stone. Many H&A dealers not cut their own stones, but pick ones that they deem superior and then put their brand on them. The only difference between the branded and unbranded is that someone felt it was good enough to put their name on. If you have a knowledgable dealer, he can probably pick out an unbranded stone that performs just as well as a branded.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results