shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on side stones please! Looks weird to me...

ftsc

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. Long time lurker here, especially on this thread. Would really appreciate some advice on brilliant cut trapezoids.

I'm trying to get a three stone LG ring made with a radiant as the centre stone. I'm working with Vijay at Ouros and it's his 3rd attempt at cutting trapezoid side stones! (The first two times, inexplicably, step-cut traps were cut instead of brilliant cut...).

This is the attempt at brilliant cut. It looks really strange to me - what are those black arrows??
Vijay has said that the "arrows" will disappear when set. I can't really get my head around this?
Has anyone ever set brilliant trapezoids and do they look like this?

Thank you in advance

1627575989653.png 1627575989653.png

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Oh dear. The radiant looks great! The side stones look wonky

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I think he's struggling to get a trap to work with the length of your radiant but not be heavier in carat weight (assuming you've agreed not to spend more than a set value for the sides?) . Would you consider two side stones on either side instead? Like two baguette cuts that taper on one end (I'm sure there's a proper name for the shape?).

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
I am not convinced the arrow will disappear after setting too. None of the trapezoids I saw looked like this.
Just weird.

ftsc

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your advice!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Since these pictures are of the diamonds in a lidded viewing box, see if he can place them in some sort of mock-up setting and send you pictures of it in a variety of lighting conditions.

That's going to be a quick and sure-fire way to tell if those chevrons will disappear once they are set.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t imagine how the chevrons will disappear when set.

sparkleandfire

Rough_Rock
I just saw your post and am in the process of having Vijay cut me some traps as well... did you ever get them where you were satisfied?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results