shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on setting for heart shape lab-diamond pendant

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have purchased a 1,57 ct. lab-diamond for a pendant, and it is alraedy set. The setting was my idea, but unfortunately its not right, because it constantly flips over.
Here is a picture of the backside of the setting:
heart shaped pendant backside.jpg

And a picture of the front:
heart shaped pendant front.jpg

Basically I wanted to have a milgrain bezel setting, which I could also wear lopsided. Unfortunately my idea failed

First and foremost I need a setting, where the pendant won't flip over constantly, the possibility of lopsided wear I forget. I see actually 2 possibilities:

1. to purchase a completely new setting, and let it reset. I have a setting like this in mind.
1696847896538.png
1696848037824.png

Unfortunately I was not able to find a bezel kind setting with 2 loops.
1696848908806.png

2. second option would be to bring the setting to a goldsmith, let him to cut off the loops on the back, and maybe solder one or two loop on the top. Do you think it would still flip over? I think, it would flip over, because the diamond has more depth, that the setting itself, but I'm really curious of other opinions.

Does anyone have a heart shaped pendant? What is the best kind of setting, to prevent flipping over?

I also would like to state, that I'm located in Europe, and here the jewelers don't really know Stuller, and I have only found settings on Etsy. Where else should I look?

Thank you all for your input!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to give an update, maybe it’s going to help someone in the future.

I have ordered the stock setting from the Etsy shop. It’s a 8*8 mm setting for heart shaped stones.

My setter resetted the stone, although the setting does not fit properly. He made me aware of it, but I asked him to go on. The reason is, that my stone is not 8*8 but 7,05*8,15. Because of the size difference the pendant looks like this if you look at it closely:

IMG_3283.jpeg

You can see the basked over the top edge of the stone peeking out.

From a more distant perspective on the other hand you almost can’t see anything from the basket:

IMG_3278.jpeg

So the setting is not a perfect fit, but I’m happy I can wear this stone after having it for weeks.

Regarding flipping over, what I was worried about, this setting is perfect, it lays always flat on my chest.

May I look for a better, more refined and better suited setting in the future? Yes, maybe, but at this moment I’m happy with, just how it is. If I ever come across a better option I may go for it, mainly if DSS sets in, and I wish for a halo pendant! ☺️

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
You wear it well!! Enjoy!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
This looks very pretty. Also helpful, I am researching flip free pendants.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results