shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on Sarah''s Surprise Whiteflash (WF)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lucky_Lady

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I like this ring I found on WF today called Sarah''s Surprise. I wonder if anyone has a picture of it on their finger or if they have this ring, can they tell me how they like it in person? I can''t really tell from the picture if it will look like it has a split shank (may be the wrong term) and if the prongs are going to be sturdy and thicker than the average ring. I want to make sure the diamond stays put. I have always had bezels or 6 prong rings. So, the Sarah''s Surprise worries me that there are only 4 prongs. Also, do you have any suggestions on what kind of wedding band would look good with it? Thank you in advance.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you give us a link so we dont have to hunt for it?
(yes, I know, I''m lazy
3.gif
)

Lucky_Lady

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I forgot to paste the link.

Here is the link http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/-Sarah-s-Surprise--Diamond-Engagement-RIng_1185.htm#

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is as a link...
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/-Sarah-s-Surprise--Diamond-Engagement-RIng_1185.htm#

Wow, that is a stunning setting! Its definitly a split shank...it looks like the prongs are thicker to accomodate
the melee in them. I have not seen anyone with that setting on pricescope but we have a few experts on
here, Gypsy for one, who are great at tracking settings down.

I love the side view but cant think of any wedding band that would really go with it. It might be one of those
settings where you just should go it alone or maybe wear a RH wedding band. I''m sure if you are interested,
Whiteflash can make some recommendations.

I wish they said how big that stone was that they are showing in the setting. It looks pretty big. What size are
your fingers. I wear a 7 and think I could pull it off but for someone with really small fingers it may be a bit large
(IMO).

I personally think it is a lovely setting!
30.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a very thick ring-including the prongs. It really should be safe. As for a wedding band, I personally would let that baby shine on it''s own.

jess1981

Shiny_Rock
I think it is a beautiful ring. I would love to see it in person. I know whiteflash does quality work. I am sure they will make sure your diamond is secure.

I would not wear a band with that setting.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I agree it''s a gorgeous ring and I would feel comfortable with the 4 prongs
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it would be fine as a stand alone ring. if you really did want to wear a wedding band you might be able to get a really thin 2mm pave band to wear with it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah I wouldn''t wear a band with that baby either! Gorgeous setting though. I want one with a colored stone!

JA72

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for your supportive comments :
19.gif
WF has informed me of the following: The shank is approximately 6.5-7mm wide at the top and tapers down to approximately 4.5mm at the bottom. The width of the top portion is often adjusted, slightly, depending on the size of the center diamond. Usually the diamond photographed in the settings on WF are 1ct. I am a little worried about the prongs and how they look when I would look straight down on the setting. I am worried that they are too triangular, might snag on clothing and might make the center look more squarish than round. If only it was a 6 pronger, I would have jumped on it without a second though. Still leaning towards it though....It is a great setting, quite unique, and I have rather large hands so I think I can pull it off too.

I wonder if the melee''s will sparkle too, they look a little flat in the pictures
7.gif

It would look great with a vivid, I agree! Thanks again

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
That is one of my favorites from WF. I am planning a trip to the Houston area at the end of June and I want to visit WF and try on that one and many others! I agree that it would look stunning with a colored stone.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2009 3:40:16 PM
Author: NeverEndingUpgrade
That is one of my favorites from WF. I am planning a trip to the Houston area at the end of June and I want to visit WF and try on that one and many others! I agree that it would look stunning with a colored stone.

I wonder if they will let you take pictures and post here...that would be great!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 1:14:14 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Yeah I wouldn''t wear a band with that baby either! Gorgeous setting though. I want one with a colored stone!
ditto! It''s fabulous.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if they could make it and just put a simplier head on it? One without the diamonds in the prongs. Its overall a heavy ring so I know
you probably need to keep a balanced look so I dont know if this would look good or not. They may be able to show you a cad of it if you
are truely interested in the ring.

I have seen some other setting that was like this but for the life of me I cant remember who made it...I''ll have to go look around some.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 6:47:29 PM
Author: tyty333

Date: 4/11/2009 3:40:16 PM
Author: NeverEndingUpgrade

I wonder if they will let you take pictures and post here...that would be great!
I''ll try to get photos, although I am notoriously bad at taking good photos for PS even though I have read all the tips on how to do it. My husband is the photographer, and unfortunately, he can''t come with me.

JA72

Rough_Rock
That would be wonderful if you could try it on and take a picture during your trip to Houston.
36.gif
I don't mind if it isn't a great photo, a snap shot will do. I really want to see it on a hand, how it sits between the fingers, to see if it is too thick making it hard to close my fingers. I also want to see how the prongs look from the sides and from the top.

JA72

Rough_Rock
I was thinking something similar. I was thinking:

1.maybe make the prongs smaller but still ornamental
2.possibly make the prongs less triangular at the top and add two more

Though I am still debating and still have time. I really like the (for lack of a technical description) the "wing-like" thingys that go acrossed the girdle. I wonder if those "wing-like" things add additional security for the diamond or are just there for design flow. By changing the prongs, those might have to go. Don't know if I want to lose those "wing-like" things for additional prongs. Another thing, by adding additional prongs even with the modifications, it might obstruct too much viewing area of the pavillion. I like seeing the pavillion.

Hopefully someone knows what the technical term is for those so I can stop calling them wing-like things LOL

Thanks everyone
37.gif

Sorry, don't mean to confuse anyone I posted this originally under Lucky_Lady via my sisters account. I was composing my email to BN (extended the hold on a diamond I am thinking about buying) so she used her laptop/account to compose the first post in this string for me. I am now going to continue using my account for comments. Love all of your comments and ideas!
35.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Ask WF if they will take a photo of it on someone''s hand for you. I know they have been very accommodating with those type of requests before.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Wow!

JA72

Rough_Rock
They have been WONDERFUL at WF! I can''t say enough about their customer service thus far. I was apprehensive at first never having heard of them (new to the online jewelery industry) but they are so nice, informative and very accomodating. I would feel bad asking for any more information until the time comes for me to finally order it. I have already taken up a few hours of their time asking questions and requesting pictures. They have sent me other pictures that I will try to post here. It might have to be next week since I am heading off for a one week vacation in a few days and should be getting ready for it. It is just too hard to pull myself away from the websites and forums because I just want to hurry and pick my stone and setting.... oh the monster my husband created by telling me its time to upgrade! So, I will try to post the pictures soon if they aren''t too big but they don''t have any pictures of the ring on a hand since its a fairly new piece and they said it isn''t customary to take pictures of their settings on a hand. I think they might not have any completed settings in their inventory either since I will have to wait 3-4 weeks to receive it after I place my order. Maybe that means each piece is made-to order?
7.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 1:14:14 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Oh yes, me too. Wouldn''t that be gorgeous????

JA72

Rough_Rock
Here is another pic sent to me by the wonderful people at WF.... Sorry, having trouble attaching the pictures.... will try again later.
7.gif

Sarah%27s%20Surprise%201ct[1].jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 3:51:14 AM
Author: JA72
Here is another pic sent to me by the wonderful people at WF.... Sorry, having trouble attaching the pictures.... will try again later.
7.gif
rename it something more simple, and take out the % signs etc..

JA72

Rough_Rock
Ok, let me try this again... if it doesn''t work, I will have to ask my husband to help me out
emembarrassed.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring. I don''t think you''d need a band with it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results