shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on Roger's Ring. Good Deal or no?

busines4u

Rough_Rock
I am in the process of getting an engagement ring and I wanted to ask the community for their opinion on the diamond I have picked out with Roger's Jewler's. The Diamond is a Leo Diamond and the ring is applied to my account, but I have the ability to return it within 30 days if I am not happy. I am new to this whole thing and have been reviewing the very helpful pages on this site to educate myself on diamonds as to what is good and to what is bad. I feel like the diamond I have picked out right now (getting set & sized and will be ready to hand to me on next Friday) is not a good deal for the amount of money I am willing to spend. Below are the specs. I would appreciate any advice/guidance anyone could shed.

Price: $9700 (This includes the ring, setting, tax & lifetime warranty)
Shape & Cutting Style: Round Brilliant
Measurements 6.19 - 6.25 x 3.97 mm
Weight 1.00carat
Color Grade: G
Clarity Grade: VVS2
Cut Grade: Good
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: None
Depth: 63.8%
Table: 59%
Crown: 35.5 degrees
Pavilion 40.6 degrees
Culet: none

I tried looking at the HCA but kept getting an error with the data I entered. I attached a picture of the GIA for reference, perhaps I am entering this wrong.

I have been weighing the option of purchasing online, but am having a tough time accepting the fact that I won't get to see the diamond, physically touch it and look at it under a scope before purchase. The whole insurance thing scares me as well. Roger's is offering me a lifetime warranty on the diamond no matter what happens to it. Free cleaning for life and 100% trade in value towards a different ring in the future should it come to that. How have others dealt with the insurance portion of diamond purchases online. I see that you can pay an annual fee to get similar coverage, but not having a place to physically take the diamond to for cleaning is tough to accept. Having to mail it out each time for something like that is scary?

I appreciate any and all input anyone can provide. Please let me know if you need anymore information. 20150709_192350.jpg

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
NO NO NO!!

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
Seems like a poorly cut stone. 63.8% for the depth is too deep and the face up size of 6.19x6.25mm is small for a 1ct. How much is the jeweler charging you for the stone?

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well……..

It's extremely deep at 63.8% and it has a very, very thick girdle at 6.5%. The crown angle is a tad steep and the table is rather large. All that is to say, the cut is not very good at all.

A cut classification of "good" is really a misnomer as it's not good at all! I would have to really question this diamond's performance based on the cut.

For your budget you can do waaaaaaay better. Even with the warranty, setting, etc.

I just feel badly that you are spending so much on a poorly cut diamond. If you really love it and she really loves it, then that's what matters. But if you want a sparkly, colorful, bright diamond, I would very much caution you to keep looking.

Here are some parameters that can help you vet stones.

Table: 55-58%
Depth: 60-61.5% or up to 62%
Crown angle: 34-35 degrees
Pavilion angle: 40.6 - 41 degrees

busines4u

Rough_Rock
solgen|1436488023|3901089 said:
Seems like a poorly cut stone. 63.8% for the depth is too deep and the face up size of 6.19x6.25mm is small for a 1ct. How much is the jeweler charging you for the stone?

The stone was listed at $10,899.00. He lowered his price to $9100 and threw in the ring/setting for free. So after tax it totals $9700.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel $9700 all in is still way too much for the quality of diamond you bought.

busines4u

Rough_Rock
Does everyone think I should ditch the stores and lean more towards an online purchase?

My concerns with online are having the insurance separate and having to mail the stone in for a cleaning to keep the insurance on it. Also not being able to see the diamond physically before dropping that kind of money is a bit scary.

I don't think it is too late to back out of the diamond at Roger's. I was told that I can return it within 30 days if I am not happy.

If I can do better for the price I'm willing to pay, then I want to do better. I just need some help guidance along the way.

busines4u

Rough_Rock
JDDN|1436489449|3901096 said:
Well……..

It's extremely deep at 63.8% and it has a very, very thick girdle at 6.5%. The crown angle is a tad steep and the table is rather large. All that is to say, the cut is not very good at all.

A cut classification of "good" is really a misnomer as it's not good at all! I would have to really question this diamond's performance based on the cut.

For your budget you can do waaaaaaay better. Even with the warranty, setting, etc.

I just feel badly that you are spending so much on a poorly cut diamond. If you really love it and she really loves it, then that's what matters. But if you want a sparkly, colorful, bright diamond, I would very much caution you to keep looking.

Here are some parameters that can help you vet stones.

Table: 55-58%
Depth: 60-61.5% or up to 62%
Crown angle: 34-35 degrees
Pavilion angle: 40.6 - 41 degrees

Thank you very much for your advice and the info. I do appreciate it. At this point she has not seen the ring yet. The loose diamond just came in and it is being sent out to be set and sized. I could likely call him tomorrow and tell him to halt the whole thing and back out and that I want to keep looking.

The diamond does look gorgeous. But after doing my due diligence and researching all of this I don't feel as if I'm getting my money's worth. I would love to spend the equivalent on a ring of specs matching up what I learned here and what you recommend and then comparing it to the one Rogers has for me.. I'm strongly considering doing this and then returning the one I don't choose.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is no question that you can do better. We will help you find a gorgeous diamond if you want us to.

I think if you will only be happy buying from a store, then maybe we can help find an alternative to Roger's.

There are online vendors who have images, video and performance images to help guide your choice. We will likely recommend stones from those who have all these things. Reputable online vendors will have a solid 30 day return policy if you aren't satisfied.

As far as insurance, why do you need to mail it in to the original vendor for cleanings to maintain insurance? I have not heard that before. Did the store tell you that? We can recommend some insurance companies as well.

It's also nice to have a trustworthy jeweler for cleanings, prong checks, etc. For me, they have never been chain Jewelers or mall type Jewelers. If you tell us what city you're in maybe someone can give you a personal recommendation.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What bothers me is that you're paying for a BMW but getting a Ford Pinto. No offense to Pintos, but if you want a Pinto then you should pay for a Pinto.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have 30 days even if the stone is set and sized? Or does that void the return?

busines4u

Rough_Rock
I do have 30 days to return the diamond even after it is set and sized. I will need to double check on that to be certain though. I was told that if I was unhappy with the ring in any way then I could return it. I feel unhappy with it already and I have not even had the completed ring done yet!

Trust me I feel like I am getting ripped off like you mentioned. For the money I would be putting towards Roger's I think I could get a IF quality diamond for right around the same price if not less, with much better qualities all around.

I would love for some assistance on finding a gorgeous diamond. I'm concerned with the timing of this since I feel like the clock is ticking with Rogers. I would feel better buying from a store, just because I feel it would be convenient to be able to physically take it there should something need to be done to it. This just could be my lack of know how in comparison to the online option. I only am used to taking jewelry into the store to be worked on/cleaned. I think if I understood better how the online portion works all around I would feel more comfortable. I'm not opposed to purchasing online.

In terms of insurance and sending it in, I was under the assumption that this is how it worked when purchasing a diamond online. I thought the way insurance went is you would pay BN or whomever the yearly price for insurance and every so frequently you would have to send the ring in to be cleaned and checked to keep the insurance & warranty valid. That was at least how it worked at Rogers. Every 6 months I would have to bring the diamond in to be cleaned and inspected to keep the lifetime warranty. Should I miss for 10 months+ I believe the warranty would be void at that point.

Are you thinking I should purchase a loose stone online and then take it in to a jeweler to get a ring and get the stone set. Or do you think it would be best to get everything done online?

Furthermore in your opinion do you think I should tell Rogers to hold off on getting the stone set and that after further research I feel like I can get a better quality diamond for this amount of money?

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
That would be a big NO on that ring. Way too much for that stone. I wouldn't buy that stone at any price.

Have the experts find you an excellent stone in your budget...they can help with the setting as well.

Get this one! Cheaper and phenomenal..you will love the blue flourescence...will give your stone personality...a blue hue in certain lighting...also love the small 55% table.
Plus save yourself $1,000

This exceptionally cut I color by BGD will most likely be brighter stone than that really poorly cut G color.

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.205-i-vs2-round-diamond-ags-bl-104072305015

Here is an ideal cut G

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.048-g-vs2-round-diamond-ags-bl-104072827013

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
busines4u|1436497661|3901160 said:
I do have 30 days to return the diamond even after it is set and sized. I will need to double check on that to be certain though. I was told that if I was unhappy with the ring in any way then I could return it. I feel unhappy with it already and I have not even had the completed ring done yet!

Trust me I feel like I am getting ripped off like you mentioned. For the money I would be putting towards Roger's I think I could get a IF quality diamond for right around the same price if not less, with much better qualities all around.

I would love for some assistance on finding a gorgeous diamond. I'm concerned with the timing of this since I feel like the clock is ticking with Rogers. I would feel better buying from a store, just because I feel it would be convenient to be able to physically take it there should something need to be done to it. This just could be my lack of know how in comparison to the online option. I only am used to taking jewelry into the store to be worked on/cleaned. I think if I understood better how the online portion works all around I would feel more comfortable. I'm not opposed to purchasing online.

In terms of insurance and sending it in, I was under the assumption that this is how it worked when purchasing a diamond online. I thought the way insurance went is you would pay BN or whomever the yearly price for insurance and every so frequently you would have to send the ring in to be cleaned and checked to keep the insurance & warranty valid. That was at least how it worked at Rogers. Every 6 months I would have to bring the diamond in to be cleaned and inspected to keep the lifetime warranty. Should I miss for 10 months+ I believe the warranty would be void at that point.

Are you thinking I should purchase a loose stone online and then take it in to a jeweler to get a ring and get the stone set. Or do you think it would be best to get everything done online?

Furthermore in your opinion do you think I should tell Rogers to hold off on getting the stone set and that after further research I feel like I can get a better quality diamond for this amount of money?

Yes, I would call and cancel the sale. The experts on PS will help you find a diamond and the setting you love online and you will get an excellent diamond at a cheaper price.

VVS is over kill on clarity. As long as you can find a VS2 or SI1 that is eye clean you will have a gorgeous stone if it is ideally cut.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that you should tell Roger's that you need to cancel the order. You will always have the option of buying the poorly cut overly expensive stone at a later date. Trust me, no one is snatching that one up :devil: !

I completely understand about feeling better about having a physical location to take the ring to for cleanings, prong checks, etc. That is why you should have a local jeweler who is reputable and good. And it's not going to be a chain store or a jewelry store in a mall. They're usually smaller businesses. Please tell us your city and we can help find someone. You do not have to have bought your ring there to trust them with your piece.

For ease, I would try to buy the setting from the same vendor as the diamond. They will set the stone for you and during that process it will be insured. Unless you have a really specific setting that needs to be custom made, it will be nice to have everything done under the same vendor.

I believe Roger's is selling you on their insurance/warranty. I don't believe on-line vendors work that way. I would recommend getting a 3rd party insurance policy. You will be able to take your ring to any jeweler for cleanings or maintenance. It's ludicrous to me that you would have to have your ring "serviced" every 6 months and if you didn't go in for 10 months it was void. That's silly. Please check out Chubb insurance or jewelers mutual. You can also search in the pricescope search bar for other options.

Here are some absolutely gorgeous options in your budget. Whiteflash has lots of settings to choose from as well. Look at the dimensions. These are similar in carat as the one you bought but are WAY bigger. Ie, the diamond you bought was cut very poorly to maintain the "1 carat" mark. It will look like a 0.85 carat diamond.

The performance images are attached and they are all great.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3372530.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3208294.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3449655.htm

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Return the ring. 13 yrs ago it was scary to order a diamond, setting etc online. Today, its a very common type of shopping. Stick with the vendors listed by the members here & you will in great hands. I would ditch everything if you can from Rogers & start fresh. I apologize for not reading the thread in full as I just skimmed through. If G-H-I or heck, even a J might appeal to you because they will be cut with ideal proportions, be open to colour. If you know that G is your sweet spot, then G & H is probably where you want to focus on. I wouldnt go lower than a VS-2 up to an eye clean SI-1 (they do exist). There are ways to save money & still have a bit of money for a nicely planned proposal. :dance:

Congratulations on the next stage of your life & congratulations you found PS!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
busines4u|1436484631|3901069 said:
I am in the process of getting an engagement ring and I wanted to ask the community for their opinion on the diamond I have picked out with Roger's Jewler's. The Diamond is a Leo Diamond and the ring is applied to my account, but I have the ability to return it within 30 days if I am not happy. I am new to this whole thing and have been reviewing the very helpful pages on this site to educate myself on diamonds as to what is good and to what is bad. I feel like the diamond I have picked out right now (getting set & sized and will be ready to hand to me on next Friday) is not a good deal for the amount of money I am willing to spend. Below are the specs. I would appreciate any advice/guidance anyone could shed.
How fast can you run?... :bigsmile:

busines4u

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for the advice. You have no idea how much your advice means to me! I am so happy I found this site.

I am reaching out to Roger's now to see what the status is of the ring. If it has not been set then I want to go ahead and cancel the whole thing and keep looking. If it has then I figure I might as well check it out even though my mind has been made up that I don't want the ring based on the cut/price performance.

I am located in the Canton/Akron area in Ohio. Anyone have any good local jewelers to check out here? Just an FYI, Roger's was located in a nearby mall.

One of the big things I was looking at in a diamond during my shopping at Rogers was how the ring looked under a microscope. I passed on many stones due to visible inclusions when viewed at 10x & 30x. It would bother me getting a stone that has visible black spots or visible inclusions. This is why I was brought to the VVS2 clarity since these inclusions are very hard to identify. Since many people recommended VS2-VS1 quality how visible will the inclusions be when viewed under a microscope? I know that these types of inclusions cannot be seen from the naked eye, but knowing they are there bothered me. I feel like for this amount of money the diamond should not have any flaws when viewed under a microscope? The diamond from Rogers did have tiny looking bubbles throughout the diamond when looked at via a microscope. I'm not sure if this was just dirt or what. Perhaps they are pinholes?

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
busines4u|1436497661|3901160 said:

This is not how insurance or warranties work with online sellers. You can read the seller's warranty policies, but generally you don't need to send your ring anywhere after you buy it. You can get insurance from various sources that will cover loss, damage, theft (Jeweler's Mutual, Chubb, and even your homeowner's policy can offer a personal articles policy on jewelry). You can take your ring anywhere to be cleaned, or can clean it yourself.

I will tell you how I have handled my original engagement ring, which was purchased from Whiteflash.com in 2008. I was presented the ring in a lovely proposal within the return period for the ring. If I had hated it, my fiance had time to return it. I loved it. I got it appraised locally, and got insurance through Jeweler's Mutual (Perfect Circle). Flash forward about 6 months, and I realized the ring was a bit loose on my finger and wanted it resized. I contacted Whiteflash and they said to send it back, they would resize it for free. I did that, and got it back in perfect shape (they even moved the little Whiteflash logo since they needed to cut the shank exactly where the logo was, which I thought was a lovely touch). I have literally never had a problem with the ring, so haven't used insurance for it.

For my husband's wedding band, however, we did have to use the insurance a few years ago. It was very cheap to insure, so I decided to do it--we were just poor college kids when we got married, so it made sense to pay $10/year or so for coverage for an item worth about $1,000. But then my husband had a hand injury, and his finger swelled to the point that he needed a cortisone shot. Doctor wouldn't do the shot until the ring was off--ring wasn't going anywhere over his inflamed knuckle, so a jeweler had to cut the ring off. How much did this cost us? Absolutely nothing, nada, $0. Jeweler's Mutual covered the repair and resize of the ring, and the jeweler that cut the ring off was able to make it look as good as new, if not better.

All of this to say, buying online doesn't have to be scary, inconvenient, or a hassle of any kind. I would suggest getting the diamond and ring from the same place, don't bother with doing anything locally unless you want to take it in to have them steam clean it occasionally--maybe buy a plain wedding band locally at a shop you like so you can say "I'm a customer" without getting fleeced.

I would suggest posting a new thread with your ideal diamond specs, setting preferences, and budget, and Pricescopers will get to work helping you. Good luck!! :appl:

Edited to add: your concern about clarity is probably just due to not knowing that all diamonds have inclusions. Even flawless diamonds may have tiny inclusions that aren't visible with magnification. A lot of Pricescopers have the philosophy of "if I can't see it, why pay for it" so they get larger stones with tiny inclusions that can't be seen from normal viewing parameters ("eye clean" stones). Nobody is going to grab your fiancee's hand and pull out their loupe or microscope! :lol: I think VS1-VS2 might be a good range for you to feel good about the number and size of inclusions, without paying too much. Also, inclusions can help you always be able to identify your stone (match inclusions to the plot on the certificate).

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lot of people have a "mind clean" thing. In other words, they just need their diamonds to have few inclusions because even though they cannot see them, they know they're there and it bothers them. Sounds like you're in that category!

A VS1 diamond which is one clarity grade down from VVS2 is a really nice compromise if you're willing to go there.

Here's something to think about. You will get a larger stone if you are okay with a VS1 or even VS2 stone. Most prioritize size and color as those things you can SEE (after cut as that is most important to the stone's performance). What would your GF like as she is the one who will be wearing the diamond ring? Would she like a smaller diamond that has very few inclusions? Or would she like a larger diamond with inclusions she cannot see?

Please give us your budget and your size, color and clarity wants. Also, what kind of setting are you interested in getting so we can help with that.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There are several different ways to handle insurance. If you have homeowner's/renter's insurance, you may already have coverage for jewelry up to a specified amount. Our insurance covers up to $10,000. I used to have a separate rider to cover my engagement ring, which exceeds that value, and now have it insured with Jeweler's Mutual instead. Any really good Jeweler can clean and examine your ring and even make repairs if necessary (as long as this doesn't void a warranty that's really worth keeping). Look for a highly recommended one in your area and they will be able to help you. Think of it like this. What if you move some day to another city, country etc? You wouldn't necessarily be able to go to the original Jeweler anyway. I've moved probably 10 times since my first ring was bought. I wish you all the best in finding a beautiful diamond and ring!!

busines4u

Rough_Rock
rubybeth|1436539233|3901272 said:
This is not how insurance or warranties work with online sellers. You can read the seller's warranty policies, but generally you don't need to send your ring anywhere after you buy it. You can get insurance from various sources that will cover loss, damage, theft (Jeweler's Mutual, Chubb, and even your homeowner's policy can offer a personal articles policy on jewelry). You can take your ring anywhere to be cleaned, or can clean it yourself.

I will tell you how I have handled my original engagement ring, which was purchased from Whiteflash.com in 2008. I was presented the ring in a lovely proposal within the return period for the ring. If I had hated it, my fiance had time to return it. I loved it. I got it appraised locally, and got insurance through Jeweler's Mutual (Perfect Circle). Flash forward about 6 months, and I realized the ring was a bit loose on my finger and wanted it resized. I contacted Whiteflash and they said to send it back, they would resize it for free. I did that, and got it back in perfect shape (they even moved the little Whiteflash logo since they needed to cut the shank exactly where the logo was, which I thought was a lovely touch). I have literally never had a problem with the ring, so haven't used insurance for it.

For my husband's wedding band, however, we did have to use the insurance a few years ago. It was very cheap to insure, so I decided to do it--we were just poor college kids when we got married, so it made sense to pay $10/year or so for coverage for an item worth about $1,000. But then my husband had a hand injury, and his finger swelled to the point that he needed a cortisone shot. Doctor wouldn't do the shot until the ring was off--ring wasn't going anywhere over his inflamed knuckle, so a jeweler had to cut the ring off. How much did this cost us? Absolutely nothing, nada, $0. Jeweler's Mutual covered the repair and resize of the ring, and the jeweler that cut the ring off was able to make it look as good as new, if not better.

All of this to say, buying online doesn't have to be scary, inconvenient, or a hassle of any kind. I would suggest getting the diamond and ring from the same place, don't bother with doing anything locally unless you want to take it in to have them steam clean it occasionally--maybe buy a plain wedding band locally at a shop you like so you can say "I'm a customer" without getting fleeced.

I would suggest posting a new thread with your ideal diamond specs, setting preferences, and budget, and Pricescopers will get to work helping you. Good luck!! :appl:

Edited to add: your concern about clarity is probably just due to not knowing that all diamonds have inclusions. Even flawless diamonds may have tiny inclusions that aren't visible with magnification. A lot of Pricescopers have the philosophy of "if I can't see it, why pay for it" so they get larger stones with tiny inclusions that can't be seen from normal viewing parameters ("eye clean" stones). Nobody is going to grab your fiancee's hand and pull out their loupe or microscope! :lol: I think VS1-VS2 might be a good range for you to feel good about the number and size of inclusions, without paying too much. Also, inclusions can help you always be able to identify your stone (match inclusions to the plot on the certificate).

This makes me feel better about an online purchase. Thank you for sharing that information with me!

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Without a doubt you can get MUCH better for the money you are spending. Even if you do end up liking what Roger's pieces together for you, I would consider returning if they won't negotiate a better price. Here is a 1.05 E color VS1 with a great cut for $7,740. The medium blue fluoro, if you don't have an issue with it, helps bring the price down and you end up with a nice white stone.

https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/R105-AS9UHC

As you can see and as others have stated, you can do much better with your budget.

busines4u

Rough_Rock
JDDN|1436542249|3901293 said:
A lot of people have a "mind clean" thing. In other words, they just need their diamonds to have few inclusions because even though they cannot see them, they know they're there and it bothers them. Sounds like you're in that category!

A VS1 diamond which is one clarity grade down from VVS2 is a really nice compromise if you're willing to go there.

Here's something to think about. You will get a larger stone if you are okay with a VS1 or even VS2 stone. Most prioritize size and color as those things you can SEE (after cut as that is most important to the stone's performance). What would your GF like as she is the one who will be wearing the diamond ring? Would she like a smaller diamond that has very few inclusions? Or would she like a larger diamond with inclusions she cannot see?

Please give us your budget and your size, color and clarity wants. Also, what kind of setting are you interested in getting so we can help with that.
You are spot on with the "mind clean" thing. I still look at diamonds online and I see the slightest inclusions and I don't like it. I know that looking at it from the naked eye you would never be able to tell, but knowing it is there makes me feel like I cheaped out and that the diamond is not worth the price. Perhaps something that I just need to accept without breaking the bank!

My GF and I never discussed rings directly. I have gathered all the information about what she likes in a ring via her friends. They have not been able to give me specific details about what she likes in regards to this. I've only been told she wants a round solitaire with a low setting, thin band. She works with her hands so something "low profile" is desired. Based on some of the other rings she wears she would prefer size over quality. I recall her mentioning one time when discussing rings with friends that she wants a big rock.

I was able to cancel the order with Roger's and they assured me that I was not under any obligation with them and to not worry. They wanted me to give them the exact specs I was looking for so that they could order something in for me to check out.

Now to figure out the specs that I/she wants. Do you think I should post them here for the community to recommend some stones or should I start a new thread? Also does anyone know of any local Jewelers in the Canton, Ohio area?

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would be best if you posted 2 separate threads.

Thread #1: Help me find a gorgeous e-ring!

- List your budget, size/carat of round brilliant diamond, color preferences (i.e., G or H as an example), clarity (VVS2 to VS2 as an example), and state what kind of setting you're after including metal (i.e., white gold, yellow gold, platinum solitaire, 4 or 6 prong, low set).

Thread #2: Jeweler recommendation in Canton Ohio

- Anyone have any recommendations for a great jeweler for cleanings, general maintenance?

If she wants a big rock, then you should seriously consider lowering your clarity preference. There are big jumps in price going up in clarity. Based on what you said about her preferring size over quality, I would go down to VS2 or VS1. It's a nice compromise between your mind clean issue and her priority for size. And I assure you that a VS1 or VS2 will not affect the diamond's sparkle or brilliance.

Will look out for your thread and try and help you find a rockin', gorgeous, mind blowing e-ring!!!

thebestromano

Rough_Rock
Hey I thought I'd chime in, I'm currently Ring shopping too let me give u a comparison in deal (stealing your template.)

Price: $5200 (This includes the ring, setting, tax & lifetime warranty)
Shape & Cutting Style: Round Brilliant
Measurements 6.41 - 6.44 x 3.98 mm
Weight 1.01carat
Color Grade: j
Clarity Grade: SI1
Cut Grade: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: Medium Blue
Depth: 62%
Table: 56%
Crown: 35.5 degrees
Pavilion 40.6 degrees
Culet: none
This is right off the GIA cert.

The Diamond I'm looking at is $4000. The major price drop is the clarity and color grade. SI1 are not guaranteed to look good, I've found you have to hunt for the eye clean ones. Not all J colors are created equal either, you have to look for ones that have a color that blends wells. I can confirm since I have gotten it that it is beautiful and the white feather inclusions are only visible under lots of magnification and catching the light at the exact angle. Here's a picture of what $4000 can get you.

20150710_114131.jpg
photoshoper7729w44jj-2.jpg
i photoshopped the setting a little to see what rose gold would look like.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results