shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on Price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lookingforstone

Rough_Rock
Could you give me advice on the quoted price of this diamond? Following are the specifications:

Round cut
Saran measured Ideal cut 1B
6.96 x 6.90. 4.21 mm
Depth: 60.8%
Table: 58%
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Slight-Medium Flouresence
Closed Culet

The quoted price is $8,000.
Thanks for your help.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
sounds about right. are you getting it in a B&M store?

lookingforstone

Rough_Rock
Yes, it's a B&M store. I'm a little concerned about the flouresence taking away from the F color. Do you think this is something to worry about?

larry

Rough_Rock
What cert does this diamond have (eg. AGS, GIA, EGL etc.). Are you able to see this stone and compare it with one of the same color and no fluorescence. Does it look oily or cloudy?

To learn about the effects of fluorescence take a look at:

https://www.pricescope.com/tutor_fluor.asp to learn about

This is why I am asking about the cert:
Another reason the trade discounts flourescent diamonds is that some laboratories use grading lights that emit a small amount of ultra violet light. This means lower grade blue flourescent diamonds are possibly assigned a better grade than they should.

lookingforstone

Rough_Rock
It has an AGS certification. I have an appointment to look at the stone. I'm also being shown a VS2, G color with no flouresence for $7,800 with extremely similar parameters.

larry

Rough_Rock
With an AGS cert it should not be an issue with a slight medium fluorescence. Do you have a copy of the AGS cert as it will have the Crown and Pavilon angles so you can run the numbers through the cut advisor and possibly someone can get you an diamcalc picture.

lookingforstone

Rough_Rock
I entered the numbers in to the cut advisor, and it returned a rating of 1.5, with Excellent in all categories except spread, which received a Very Good. I'm assuming this rating is acceptable.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 5/29/2002 7:19:40 PM

I entered the numbers in to the cut advisor, and it returned a rating of 1.5, with Excellent in all categories except spread, which received a Very Good. I'm assuming this rating is acceptable.
----------------

cool :lickout:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results