shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on Potential Asscher with Bridge Setting from MDC

DurkInvest

Rough_Rock
Hello Price Scope!

What a great demonstration of community involvement here. I found this site and it has helped me tremendously in my Engagement ring quest. This quest has actually had me considering getting into the jewelry field myself!

With that said, I have a question about a ring that I am close to finalizing the purchase of.

Moishy at MDC Diamonds has been working with me to get the right Asscher with our chosen setting for a competitive price. Here is what we have come up with:

Per Gia, this is the diamond specs <note that it is a "square emerald">:

SQUARE EMERALD CUT

Measurements: 5.13 x 5.06 x 3.44 mm
Carat Weight: 0.77 carat
Color Grade: E
Clarity Grade: VS1
PROPORTIONS:

Depth: 67.9%
Table: 71%
Girdle: Slightly Thick to Thick
Culet: None
FINISH:

Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None
CLARITY CHARACTERISTICS:

Cloud

Price: $2,624

Ring Setting is as follows in White Gold with Carre Cut Diamonds to compliment the Asscher Center Stone:

http://www.mdcdiamonds.com/engagementdetails.cfm?Stock=ES324PRRG&Country=US# Please click the play button to watch the video and see the beauty of the setting.

I am still waiting to hear the specifications of the Diamonds in the setting before I finalize the purchase <I'd expect them to be decent>.

MDC quoted me a discounted total price of $4,162.72 which sounds competitive to me.

I wanted some feedback from some of the more seasoned Jewelers and consumers here on the price and combination.

Thanks in advance _ DurkInvest

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Need at least some images, preferable ASET, to judge the beauty of a fancy cut. Numbers alone are useless.

DurkInvest

Rough_Rock
I had a feeling that I would get that request... I will work on getting a photo but the jeweler I am working with is gone until Friday! Thank you for your reply Stone Cold.

DurkInvest

Rough_Rock

What do you guys/gals think?

urls in case pics don't work

http://www.pricescope.com/icp/view/288345
http://www.pricescope.com/icp/view/288344

Thank you in advance!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the facet patterns looks really nice. I like it. Do you have an ASET? Have you seen this in person? compared it to others in person if you have, then you would be a better judge than anyone of us.

DurkInvest

Rough_Rock
I thought the pattern looked nice as well... Unfortunately I could not get an ASET photo and I am buying the ring out of state so I won't see it before I receive it. On the bright side, it does come with a return policy if I'm not happy.

Thanks for your input. Anyone else?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does she like that setting? I have to say it is an uncommon look and I would make sure it is one she likes before proceeding forward.

It's not personally to my taste, or I think, to the taste of the majority of folks. If she loves it, wonderful... please get her what she loves, but if you are not sure and plan on surprising her with that setting I really suggest doing some sleuthing (maybe get her friends or family members involved in getting her opinion) before you commit to buy it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone looks nice but really hard to tell about the light return without an aset image.

Agree with Gypsy on the setting. If she picked it great! Its not really floating my boat.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

DurkInvest

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much for your input and criticisms!

Initially we wanted a channel setting until we went into a store and she actually tried on a Bridge style setting... The rest kind of fell in place.

Online these settings seemed a little on the bulky side but in person fit her finger rather well.

As you mentioned, a matter of taste... That's what makes the world so beautiful. I realize that the look is a little uncommon but we have slightly eccentric taste.

Thank you so much again for your input!

DurkInvest

Rough_Rock
Some of those settings were possibilities before our store outing... Thank you for taking the time to gather a few ideas!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
tyty333|1307744844|2942888 said:
The stone looks nice but really hard to tell about the light return without an aset image.

Agree with Gypsy on the setting. If she picked it great! Its not really floating my boat.

I find the setting unattractive, but, as you said, everyone is different, so I would not worry about the opinion of others. However, if I liked the setting, I would want to get some expert opinion on the security of that setting. It appears very fragile. Is the stone safe in there?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If she's tried it on and loves it... great! Whatever she likes!

Just wanted to make sure.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think if you've seen the stone and the setting and you both love it then you should get it!!

CherryBlossom

Shiny_Rock

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
DurkInvest|1307550033|2940786 said:
Table: 71%
The table size is the biggest issue with the diamond.
A smaller table and a higher crown height would give more life to a SE.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results