shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on platinum repair

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I've had the good fortune to obtain Angeline's Mark Morrell setting. I have a lovely blue sapphire that I will be having placed in the setting. In order to achieve this the prongs will need to be repaired and the ring will have to be sized from a 6 to an 8.

To say I'm over the moon in obtaining a genuine Mark Morrell is an understatement, and I want whomever I contract to do these repairs to be up to the challenge. I don't know of any local jeweler I would trust with this piece, so I'm looking to the only group who can truly understand my concern here with recommending a platinumsmith who can live up to this task.

I've included a couple pictures with the stone sitting in the setting. I can't wait for the piece to be complete and on my finger. Thanks so much for your help with the recommendations!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

morrellonerinsfingersmall.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

morrellonerinsfingerside.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

morrellonerinsfingerlarge.JPG

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you contacted Mark to see if he''d do it? Might as well go with the original artist if you can...

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
On his site he endorses finding a local jewler to establish a reputation with for routine work. I will email and ask him for a suggestion, but the rumor I hear is that he doesn''t do repair or reslzing.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm that is a PITA then. I would **think** that he would do resizing or repair for his own work though...but I could be totally off base! Good luck!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Upgradable that looks phenomenal!!!! what a beautiful color sapphire. I would ask Mark too if he could do it. I remember a thread where he remade a ring for someone and also utilized the platinum to make a plain wedding band. I''ll try to find it...

a

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Okay this is the thread...

CGN''s ring

Mark actually makes a new ring but does salvage the plat to make the wedding band.

I think to get the stone fitted and the prongs repaired might be worth going to Mark and further care to a local jeweler?

I don''t know of anyone in your area..

a

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I received an email reply from Katie today saying that he wouldn''t be able to take it on until the end of November. Don''t know if I can wait that long!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Oh darn!!! DId you want the underbezel built up a little as well or just the prongs fixed and resizing done? If the latter I imagine some of the jewelers here on PS would be more than up to the task. ?

a

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I just sent it off to Images Jewelers. They are going to rebuild the prongs and resize it. I can''t wait to have it back on my hand!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Cool!! I can''t wait to see it! You must post lots of pics.. Where did you get your sapphire from?

a

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Upgradable, that sapphire is gorgeous! And maybe I missed the thread, but I have to ask....what happened to that poor MM???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results