shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on my new e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Wink has sent me through an intial picture of my ring.

I''m really pleased with it, but a little unsure about the prongs.

Would you

a) Keep them as they are

b) Have them shaped more into claws al la Leon Mege?

He''s asking the bench if they can do this, but I thought I''d ask everyone''s advice here.

I can''t wait to get my hands on it and take lots of pictures - the stone is much prettier than it looks here.

pandorasering1.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ring is beautiful! I think claws would be better if the benchman can do that.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I like the look of the double claw prongs as well. But if the benchman can''t do it, then your ring will still look beautiful.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful pandoraII!

DEFINITELY CLAWS

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH Pandora your ring is simply stunning. I would go for the claws too, if it can be done. Please take more pictures when you receive it. LOVE IT !!!!

Linda

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 4:39:38 PM
Author: Linda W
OH Pandora your ring is simply stunning. I would go for the claws too, if it can be done. Please take more pictures when you receive it. LOVE IT !!!!

Linda
Ditto!!
1.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My feeling is that either prong or claw settings look lovely. I have looked again at the Pokey special and I think it would not look right with your prongs but yours does because of the metal on the channels matching the metal on the prongs more. The Pokey being all diamond on the band I think it would look too clumsy if it did not have the claw setting but had your prong setting.

I think it is just a preference thing, whatever YOU want, it would not look bad either way in my opinion.

The ring is beautiful.

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Ooooh, Pandora--is that your tsavorite? It''s so dark and gorgeous! I''ve been DYING to see that stone for so long now!

As for the prongs, I''m not a fan of the double look myself, but I think you should go with the double claws, too.

Congrats on such a gorgeous ring! I can''t wait to see the finished product!
3.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all your comments and advice.

I''ve just heard back from Wink - the bench can "sharpen" the points. I have debated this in my mind all day and I think I would like them a bit more pointy - although I agree they would have been okay as is. I will probably regret it if I don''t though as it''s what I have been imagining since the start. Your advice has really helped me make the decision!

Here''s another shot of the stone - it''s a screenshot sadly taken just as Wink tilted it and it was in shadow - I can''t describe how it looked on his videolink, it was soooo sparkly! This does show the green colour well though

I can''t wait to get my paws on it now.

mytsav.jpg

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 5:39:36 PM
Author: Pandora II
Thanks for all your comments and advice.

Here''s another shot of the stone - it''s a screenshot sadly taken just as Wink tilted it and it was in shadow - I can''t describe how it looked on his videolink, it was soooo sparkly! This does show the green colour well though
Oooh... so yummy. I wish I could compare our stones in person. (Of course, I have yet to see mine in person!)

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Pandora, you ring is amazing -- I love the beautiful color of the center stone! I think the split prongs look great as they are in the initial picture, but shaping them into claws would make the ring even more fantastic!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, I love it!!!! How exciting; I bet you can''t wait to wear it
36.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
that is one beautiful ring. i love all kinds of green stones. i like claw settings, but if it can''t be done your ring is stunning the way it is.

riogems

Shiny_Rock
I suggest if you do have them make the claws, tell them not to make them too sharp. There is less of a chance of them catching on fabrics that way.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I asked Wink to make them a bit more rounded than the one''s Leon does - hopefully that will stop them snagging things too much.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
And here are the new claws...

I''m so happy.

I can''t wait to finally see it in person!

pandoraering2.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Much better!
36.gif
It looks less blocky: I like it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, those prongs look terrific!!! I bet you can''t wait to get it!!!!!
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re beautiful Pandora - please indulge us with lots of pictures of this treasure when you get it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results