shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on Marquise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

realistdreamer

Rough_Rock
The search for a balanced marquise has been somewhat daunting. I think I have a good specimen. Advice.

Shape: Marquise
Carat weight: 1.32
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Depth %: 59.9
Table %: 57
Symmetry: Very Good
Polish: Very Good
Girdle: TN
Culet: N
Fluorescence: F
Measurements: 10.73x5.91x3.54 = 1.83 length/width

Small

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not an expert but the numbers sound pretty good. With marquises it''s really about what you see with your eyes that will determine if its a winner or not. Don''t forget to check for the bowtie effect...argh...I have one with a bad bowtie and it''s annoying
29.gif

Good luck...let us know how it turns out!

Capitol Bill

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 11:47:20 PM
Author:realistdreamer
The search for a balanced marquise has been somewhat daunting. I think I have a good specimen. Advice.

Shape: Marquise

Carat weight: 1.32

Color: F

Clarity: VS2

Depth %: 59.9

Table %: 57

Symmetry: Very Good

Polish: Very Good

Girdle: TN

Culet: N

Fluorescence: F

Measurements: 10.73x5.91x3.54 = 1.83 length/width

The stone doesn''t sound bad on paper. Make sure you see it before you buy it (or have a good return policy). At a miniumum, check to make sure the bowtie is acceptable to your eyes and doesn''t cause a distraction; and check the tips for any potential durability issues.

Best of luck!
Bill Scherlag

realistdreamer

Rough_Rock
Well, I went to check out the stone with the appraiser today and it looks like a keeper. I was astounded by how clear it looks. I think that is the color. Light return is good but amazingly different under different forms of light. Flourescent light doesn''t do nearly as much for it as incandescent. The appraiser checked how much light escaped out of the sides and bottom and it was not bad at all. Nothing like a round, but good for a marquise. Turns out it''s a Class 1B on the cut class chart on David Atlas'' site.

Now on to the ring. I''ll post pictures when this project is done.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see the ring! What kind of setting are you thinking of?

realistdreamer

Rough_Rock
It''s (the setting) sorta a secret and then not. It''s hard to describe, but I''ve never seen it before so I had to design it myself and then see if Quest would take the challenge. They have accepted, sent sketches and now it''s time for a deposit and some CAD images. I''ve tried to describe it in writing, but it''s too difficult. I''ll try to crop the sketches and post. It''s essentially a marquise suspended over a ring with baguettes in a center channel and pave on alternating sides of the baguettes. So, one side would have pave and the other side would rise out of the ring, go across to the opposite side and then grasp the tip and part of the girdle of the marquise. From the top it would look like a continuous piece of metal starting from either end of the marquise, going down to the opposite side of the ring and then down around the bottom. It can be confusing, but if we pull it off, it''ll be great.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results