shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on looking for a rectangular / elongated Asscher cut

RX1990

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am looking for any information that can be helpful in sourcing and purchasing an elongated / rectangular Asscher cut diamond.

Over the past month, my girlfriend and I have been on a fun and exhilarating journey looking at various options for engagement rings. She’s always been attracted to old mine cut and old European cut round stones, so we found ourselves looking at more vintage options. We recently came across a stunning ring that is described as a “cut-cornered rectangular steep cut”, or a rectangular Asscher-cut from the 1920s. She instantly fell in love with this cut/shape and a particular setting style.

I’ve spent some time online looking for rectangular Asscher-cuts but unfortunately am not having a ton of luck. I have learned that these seem to be uncommon diamonds as these Asschers were only hand cut in this type of shape during a short period of the "art deco" era.

I am based in Los Angeles. I would greatly appreciate any guidance or referrals that can help me source such a stone at a fair price. If I can work with the same person on the setting, that is a plus too, but not required.

On the stone, looking for something around 4.5-5 carats and at least VS2 clarity. I'd like to stay at near colorless or better on color, so probably J as an absolute minimum. That said, I recognize there aren't many of these stones out there and that I may need to compromise on one (or more) things I am looking for.

Welcome any advice, recommendations, or referrals that can help me make this dream ring of hers come true.

Thanks!

P.S. Apologies if this belongs in the Rocky Talky forum, but thought it might make more sense here given the niche ask.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
4.5 to 5 ct.s in a mined diamond? Whoa.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you share a pic of what you're looking for? I'm trying to understand if you mean a carre cut but elongated, or something else. Also, something like this is going to cost a lot...what is your budget?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Examples you might like. Tell me if these don't work:

If you don't have any budget, PLEASE buy this. It's glorious:

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Examples you might like. Tell me if these don't work:

If you don't have any budget, PLEASE buy this. It's glorious:
Omg I came to recommend this exact stone and ring haha. You beat me to it!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
4.81 Art Deco Emerald Cut. I'd have to live in my car.
No, not even then.

RX1990

Rough_Rock
Thanks all! See below for a photo of one that is the "perfect" shape for her.

On budget, I'd really like to keep the center stone limited to around no more than $100k if possible (and under would be even better!). Feel free to let me know if you think that is overly ambitious, but from the little browsing I've been able to do, I don't think it's too crazy of a target given where I am comfortable on color and clarity. I totally understand that at this carat weight something like a D or E color and an IF-VVS2 would cost significantly more.

In addition to the image below, here are three of the other other examples I've found online that capture the shape I am going for.

Thank you for sharing at ring at Jewels by Grace. That is absolutely stunning. Unfortunately it's a bit outside of what I am looking to spend and I really don't plan on chasing something as perfect as a D color with IF clarity. A truly stunning piece nonetheless!

Hopefully these links and image below are helpful. I'd greatly appreciate any recommendations on trusted dealers that could potentially find me this kind of diamond. I do plan on doing a very specific custom setting if I can find a stone that works.

Diamond 4.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The examples you gave are lovely! I'd reach out to jewels by grace and see if she can help you search for a loose stone. I'd also reach out to Alex Park (he's on Instagram and has access to lots of stones). Another person to ask would be Diamonds by Lauren (David is amazing)

RX1990

Rough_Rock
The examples you gave are lovely! I'd reach out to jewels by grace and see if she can help you search for a loose stone. I'd also reach out to Alex Park (he's on Instagram and has access to lots of stones). Another person to ask would be Diamonds by Lauren (David is amazing)

Thank you for this! I will start with Jewels by Grace given she is local to me and I would prefer to work with someone in the local area on such an important purchase.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
If you both would be willing to consider it, reaching out to Yorum about his newly cut antique style emerald cuts might be a way to get the right carat size.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lang antiques is not so far from you. They have a website but maybe call too and see what they have.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results