shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on if i should give up on this diamond please

sheila123

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am a newbie and was looking for a 3ct diamond and the website I'm looking at does not give me is/aset images. so I need some advice (if possible) on the stones without looking at their advanced images.
I'm also open to any suggestions if you think these two diamonds are not as good as some other ones at the same price range (17k).

I'm currently comparing two diamonds, both are F color, VVS2 and they're a few hundred dollars apart, so i'm indifferent on price.
Both are within GIA excellent and AGS grade 0, with the first one slightly more centered in that grading grid.
I know that it's risky to just pick stone based on the proportions and hca result, but i'm not sure if there is any obvious red flag that I must move on to some other ones.

First one:
table 56.5
crown 34.1
pavilion 41
depth 61.8
HCA 1.5 - 1 ex, 3 vg

Second one:
table 57
crown 34
pavilion 40.8
depth 60.9
HCA 0.9 - 3ex, 1vg

I'm little concerned about the first one mainly because the 360 view doesn't look right (the light doesn't seem to hit the upper body at all). I know that the lighting environment would be different, so anyone know this is something I should be concerned about?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, sheila123!

I think the prices of these are quite steep...$17k for a 3.17 F VVS2 is very much on the high side, from comparisons to other sellers of GIA, AGS, and GCAL 8X graded diamonds.
That being said, the second one looks to have a much better cut than the first one, but I can't get the video to load on Rare Carat to see if there is any blue nuance or other color hue to make and take note of.

You can easily delve into the 3.2+ D-E VS1+ realm at that price! VS1 is an absolutely safe clarity grade to shop in since 99.99% of them will be just as clean as any VVS or IF/FL to the unaided eyes.

Here are some pre-populated search links for you to take a look at. If any diamonds jump out at you, please let us know and we'll be more than happy to help offer assessment/advice.

sheila123

Rough_Rock
@DejaWiz thanks for the suggestion! I noticed you have unselected IGI in that search link, is there any reason why you are doing that?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz thanks for the suggestion! I noticed you have unselected IGI in that search link, is there any reason why you are doing that?

You're very welcome!

No real reason, honestly...you had mentioned GIA and AGS in your initial post, so I ran with it by limiting to GIA and GCAL. :lol-2:

i have no issues with IGI (the diamond that I recently received for my wife's surprise upgrade was graded by IGI and the ASET image is excellent) outside of some key details that they don't include on their reports such as LGF and Stars, but if any diamonds that have been graded by IGI do stand out to you, feel free to ask about them... we'll help you out to the best of our abilities!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, sheila123!

I think the prices of these are quite steep...$17k for a 3.17 F VVS2 is very much on the high side, from comparisons to other sellers of GIA, AGS, and GCAL 8X graded diamonds.
That being said, the second one looks to have a much better cut than the first one, but I can't get the video to load on Rare Carat to see if there is any blue nuance or other color hue to make and take note of.

You can easily delve into the 3.2+ D-E VS1+ realm at that price! VS1 is an absolutely safe clarity grade to shop in since 99.99% of them will be just as clean as any VVS or IF/FL to the unaided eyes.

Here are some pre-populated search links for you to take a look at. If any diamonds jump out at you, please let us know and we'll be more than happy to help offer assessment/advice.

I agree that $17K is much too expensive for these specs. There are many better, bigger stones for less. Here's one example.

And here's a beautiful stone on the really low end of pricing...

sheila123

Rough_Rock
Thank you both so much for the replies!
I decided to move on to the cheaper price range thanks to pricescope's diamond research. I have picked a stone at hca result 1 with the following idealscope image:
1665526711988.png

it's definitely not the best, I found a better one priced at 20k (similar specs), but I _think_ this looks ok for the price (it is a lot cheaper than 17k!)

I'm happy with my purchase =)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you both so much for the replies!
I decided to move on to the cheaper price range thanks to pricescope's diamond research. I have picked a stone at hca result 1 with the following idealscope image:
1665526711988.png

it's definitely not the best, I found a better one priced at 20k (similar specs), but I _think_ this looks ok for the price (it is a lot cheaper than 17k!)

I'm happy with my purchase =)

Beautiful light return! Congratulations on your purchase!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results