shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on heirloom diamond & new setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

summer123

Rough_Rock
My beautiful diamond is an heirloom. My fiance had a new setting made for it in NYC (in the diamond district)They sized it as a 7 he asked for a 5- I am a 4 and 3/4. They said they could only size it down to a 5 in order for the side stones to stay intact-then they tried to charge us for the sizing and told us the stones could possibly fall out.

We have since moved to CA and we were shopping for wedding bands today. The jeweler noticed how loose my ring was and said to have it sized. Upon closer look she also said the following:
1. get a butterfly instead of sizing it because the stones could fall out $210
2. the 2 carat heirloom has a crack-reset it under a prong $85
3. get new prongs on the side stones which are "invisibly set" $200-$400
4. new channels on the baguettes $240

We can not go back to the jeweler in NYC and this is ALOT to spend for something that should have been this way when we had it sized the first time.
ANY ADVICE AT ALL??????

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call them and say you had another jeweler look at this at the advice of your insurance agent and that you were told this stuff and they should probably reimburse you for the cost of their faulty work. If they dont and you feel that's bad business practice, file a BBB claim. You really weren't happy before and shouldn't have settled.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results