shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on e-ring sapphire purchase from Gemfix

leclairage

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I'm very new to this! My fiance and I are shopping for the engagement ring, and I've decided that I want a very pale yellow to orange yellow sapphire. We're talking to a local jeweler, but they haven't been able to show me anything that really was what I was looking for (though we're waiting to hear back). I've been been looking for stones online, and seriously considering buying one of the following. I feel like I have a good eye, and obviously I have the best eye for my own taste, but I wanted to see if I could hear anyone else's thoughts on the stones I've narrowed it down to. I'd also love to know if anyone has anything good or bad to say about Gemfix.

These are the three stones I'm choosing between (assuming the jeweler doesn't show me something amazing the next time we go in).

1)

1609029733107.png

This one is the very pale, radiant cut that I'd initially been hunting for, and I think it's gorgeous and bright. https://gemfix.com/gems/sapphire-montana-12-527

2)

1609029712995.png

This has a bit more personality color wise, which I like, but it's not quite square in dimensions, which is something I want, and I'm not sure how obvious that would be in a ring. https://gemfix.com/gems/sapphire-montana-12-830

3)

1609029754607.png

This stone definitely has the most personality—I like the uniqueness of the color pattern, and the size, and I can't stop thinking about it, but I'm worried I'll get tired of the color (hence why I was lookign for something a little more neutral). https://gemfix.com/gems/sapphire-montana-12-692

Thanks for any advice you might have!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally don’t care for the color zoning on the round...at least not for an engagement ring. That’s just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. I like the brightness of the square and the color of the cushion. The cushion is my favorite but I’m partial to that pillow cut so...:mrgreen:

Is it possible for you to order them to see in person so you can decide what you like best? Gemfix is in the preferred vendor list so I’m sure he has a good return policy.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the square but the colour of the round
What an excitting journey you are now on
Enjoy the hunt
and congradulations on your engagement

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 to me is a cool yellow in color, with a gray/silver tone to it ... so while a bright well-cut sapphire, it really won't show as yellow/orange.

#2 is very pretty, seems right-on color-wise ... I think the right setting and/or stone orientation will make it face up basically square. This is my favorite of your choices.

#3 is a beautiful stone but if you want this to be a forever ER I agree the silkiness and the orange zoning that give this stone so much personality may be less appealing in an ER.

Gemfix is a great vendor with a solid return policy; I've bought from them several times.

On Monday, you could call them up and tell them what you're looking for, let them know your current short list, and ask if they may have anything else not on the website yet that may fall within your parameters.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 to me is a cool yellow in color, with a gray/silver tone to it ... so while a bright well-cut sapphire, it really won't show as yellow/orange. It would be bright, but

#2 is very pretty, seems right-on color-wise ... I think the right setting and/or stone orientation will make it face up basically square. This is my favorite of your choices.

#3 is a beautiful stone but if you want this to be a forever ER I agree the silkiness and the orange zoning that give this stone so much personality may be less appealing in an ER.

Gemfix is a great vendor with a solid return policy; I've bought from them several times.

On Monday, you could call them up and tell them what you're looking for, let them know your current short list, and ask if they may have anything else not on the website yet that may fall within your parameters.
I second the advice of calling them to let them know what you are looking for and seeing what they think

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My choice would be No 2 also. There’s a bit of colour there and that along with the shape lends itself to all sorts of different setting and metal possibilities. It’s beautiful. I’ve bought from Gemfix myself and would recommend them (although they have a strict upper spending limit if you live overseas which is a bit annoying!).

leclairage

Rough_Rock
#1 to me is a cool yellow in color, with a gray/silver tone to it ... so while a bright well-cut sapphire, it really won't show as yellow/orange.

Oh, that's a great idea! I'll definitely contact them. I see that people seem to be leaning towards #2, and I do love that color so very much!

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can’t figure out how to link to Pearlman’s anymore since they updated their UI, but this looks promising too since you wanted a square radiant

970AA824-B5E6-4F30-876A-E8A6EDB92161.png

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I like the fine water gems one posted above as #1, then the OP #2. Good luck in your search. It's very exciting!

yaygems

Rough_Rock
I also like the color of the second one, or the finewater gems one, I think the round might end up looking a bit cloudy and maybe not sparkle as much.

leclairage

Rough_Rock
My worry looking at the radiant from Finewater is that the table looks off center to me? It might just be my imagination...

1609192768247.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results