shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on dipping white gold to cover with yellow gold

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
I have some little huggy diamond earrings with a small ruby in center of each. They are white gold. I would wear them more if they were yellow. I searched the threads but couldnt find any discussion that wasn’t at least several years old. I’m hoping that there is improved technology for doing this. Has anyone had the dipping process done recently? Are you happy with the results and how the plating is holding up? Was it pricey?
My ruby/ diamond eternity band is platinum dipped in yellow gold. So far it’s holding up well.I have no idea what it cost to do the dipping,s ince I bought it already done by the jeweler who made it.

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I believe it can be done and it should be successful on earrings.

I recently had a brooch yellow gold plated by David Klass. It had rhodium plating on the top over yellow gold which looked strange. IMG_0068.jpeg

It will potentially wear off with repeated wear over time but can be replated. I am sorry I don’t remember the specific cost for the plating.

IMG_0067.jpeg

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I believe it can be done and it should be successful on earrings.

I recently had a brooch yellow gold plated by David Klass. It had rhodium plating on the top over yellow gold which looked strange. IMG_0068.jpeg

It will potentially wear off with repeated wear over time but can be replated. I am sorry I don’t remember the specific cost for the plating.

IMG_0067.jpeg

That was pretty, but so much prettier in YG. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results