shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Garthesq

Rough_Rock
I would greatly appreciate anyone''s thoughts on a diamond with the following specs:

Shape: ROUND
Color: F
Clarity: SI1
Carat: 2.01
Girdle: THIN TO SLIGHTLY THICK
Depth: 61.6%
Table: 58%
Polish: Excellent
Symetry: Very Good
Floresence: None
Price: $17,776

I''m concerned about the depth percentage b/c I hear this should be 60% or less. How do these proportions affect the brilliance and fire of the diamond? Again, ANY thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The depth is fine. No problems there. But you need more information for informed opions. You might want to post crown and pavillion %'s. AND,... Ask the Vendor for crown and pavillion angles. Try and get pics and an Ideal Scope image as well. Price seems in line, but when you plunk down this much $$$ you definitely wanna be as informed as possible in advance.
2.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
No, the depth percentage is fine. Most well-performing stones I've seen the stats for have depths between 59.5 and 62.5, but of course with the right combinations, you might find a nice stone out of this range.

Here is some cut information for reference.

More than table and depth, you need to know the crown and pavilion angles.

The price seems good assuming it is GIA certed and has a good cut. Find out those angles and let us know what they are.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The stone is nice, It is not an ideal cut ,the numbers are ok,and should have nice brilliance.
Who is it certified by??

Garthesq

Rough_Rock
The stone is GIA certified. I'm not sure how to get he angles referred in the prior email as that's not on the GIA report.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
If the seller has the stone in-store, then s/he should be able to run a sarin analysis to get all the information for you. You'll need to ask for it specifically.

Or, if there is a solid return policy, you could get the stone and then have it appraised and run through a sarin machine yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results