shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on Diamond Selection.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pasfear

Rough_Rock
Good day to all!

First off, I have found this site to be a great source of information.....albeit in quite daunting amounts for a newbie to the diamond world!!

I have tried to incorporate most of the advice I have been able to collect to help me choose a great engagement diamond for my girlfriend. Looking to see what comments people have based on the specs/pics I have been able to come up with.

Here goes:

GIA graded
F
VS2
Excellent cut, polish and symmetry.
Table: 55
Depth: 61.5
Crown Angle: 34.5
Pav Angle: 40.8
HCA ''Score'': 1.3

DSCN5091.JPG

Pasfear

Rough_Rock
Pic 2:

DSCN5095.JPG

Pasfear

Rough_Rock
Pic 3:

DSCN5069.JPG

Pasfear

Rough_Rock
Pic 4:

DSCN5076-1.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its looking good....Any hearts images as this diamond is said to be h&a?

Pasfear

Rough_Rock
Pic 5:

DSCN5087.JPG

Pasfear

Rough_Rock
Alright, I guess that''s enough ''spam'' for one set of posts. Thanks for taking the time to look/help me out!

Chad

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any hearts images as it is said to be h&a?

Pasfear

Rough_Rock
Good question (ref pic of the ''hearts'' portion) and I''m now on it! Will post when they send it.

Chad

P.S. Strange how I had the same question but couldn''t bring myself to ask for another picture without someone else questioning it too!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2009 12:06:18 PM
Author: Pasfear

Good question (ref pic of the 'hearts' portion) and I'm now on it! Will post when they send it.

Chad

P.S. Strange how I had the same question but couldn't bring myself to ask for another picture without someone else questioning it too!
Good stuff! If a diamond is sold as h&a then I always want the hearts images, if the buyer isn't bothered whether the diamond is in fact h&a or not then thats different but if it matters to the poster that the diamond they are thinking of buying IS h&a then hearts images are essential.

Pasfear

Rough_Rock
Here''s the Hearts picture:

Hearts0270.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
yap, close but not H&A from the definition on PS.

Cut is good, I just would not want to pay a premium for a H&A when it is not a H&A. So depends on your comfort zone.

Pasfear

Rough_Rock
It was mentioned that she had difficulty taking the picture to get things to ''line up''. Apparently lining up the camera with the scope is a bit of a challenge....

As for whether true H&A is truly important to me....I''d probably classify it as a ''nice to have'' rather than a requirement.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2009 2:14:00 PM
It was mentioned that she had difficulty taking the picture to get things to 'line up'. Apparently lining up the camera with the scope is a bit of a challenge....

As for whether true H&A is truly important to me....I'd probably classify it as a 'nice to have' rather than a requirement.
Ok well thats fine, it should be a great looking diamond from the info we have! Also kudos to this seller if taking these images isn't something she normally does, thats great that she is making the effort to offer them!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Even if the images are slightly tilted it is still near h&a rather than ' true' h&a.

Pasfear

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help! I''ve gone ahead and pulled the trigger on this stone. I figure I''ll get it mounted locally....now to find a nice setting for it!

Thanks again,

Chad

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats. :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/30/2009 10:38:38 AM
Thanks for the help! I''ve gone ahead and pulled the trigger on this stone. I figure I''ll get it mounted locally....now to find a nice setting for it!

Thanks again,

Chad
Many congratulations to you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results