shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on buying a heart shaped lab diamond

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A few years ago I have bought a 1 carat heart shaped mined diamond, K color , VS1 from James Allen in a bezel pendant setting. I even have a thread somewhere about it. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-find-my-heart.235109/

The problem is, I have lost the necklace a few months later. Since then I always wanted to buy a new one.

As I’m absolutely satisfied with my 3.4 ct. lab diamond ring, I’m looking for a 2 ct. heart lab diamond for a pendant.

My budget is max. 1200 USD. I have found this stone. Please experts, what do you think?

I prefer HPHT stones and big chunky facets. I think I’m going to put the stone in a WG milgrained bezel setting.

Or would you suggest other stones?

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks good to me, but I'm not an expert. Here's another one to consider (as I noticed the other day that ParksAntiquLab has a few hearts.
Thank you for answering!
This diamond from Alex Park I have seen, but it’s unfortunately above my budget. He had 2 stones each 1.5 carat for 830$, but those are unfortunately sold. I would have bought one of those, but was not quick enough.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for answering!
This diamond from Alex Park I have seen, but it’s unfortunately above my budget. He had 2 stones each 1.5 carat for 830$, but those are unfortunately sold. I would have bought one of those, but was not quick enough.

Why don't you reach out to them and see if he can get another of the 1.5ct.?

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Why don't you reach out to them and see if he can get another of the 1.5ct.?

That’s a good idea, although Ritani would be still cheaper by 200$. I hope @DejaWiz or @Kim N can give me their opinion on the stone above! If they think, this stone has blue hue I might inquire with Alex Park.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a good idea, although Ritani would be still cheaper by 200$. I hope @DejaWiz or @Kim N can give me their opinion on the stone above! If they think, this stone has blue hue I might inquire with Alex Park.

I'm not an expert at fancies, so I'm going to call on yssie's help for this one.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm still on the hunt for a nice heart shaped stone. What is your opinion about this stone:

I'm afraid, there is a very dark facet on the top right side. I also see some growth lines, although I'm not sure, those are growth lines, maybe they are just reflections.

As I would like to put this stone in a pendant, do you think, it would be suitable?

I really would appreciate some advice, I'm really overwhelmed already, I have looked today at least at 50 stone videos....

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have even an other option. Which one would you choose? The face up area has only 4% difference, so basically the question is only, which one is better cut?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results