shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on bands to pair with upgraded Ering

Hipchik

Rough_Rock
I posted on SMTB a few days ago sharing my 31st anniversary upgraded Ering. There was a little discussion in that thread about possible bands. I would love some additional opinions/ advice. I really like the vintage look real or repro. I am interested in a unique look with probably more than one band. I'm open to different colors of metals as well as stones or even without stones. The most important things are vintage look, uniqueness and quality. I would like to get several to mix and match and would do this over time. My new ring is preloved platinum, with a 1.59 center stone, 2 side stones .30 each, pave down the sides and the under gallery. My ring is pictured first and then a couple of examples of bands I like from loupe troop. This is so fun. Thanks in advance.

_35993.jpg

_35994.jpg

_35992.jpg

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful anniversary ring! I need to stalk u in SMTB to see the band better. Milgrain or diamonds? Looks double row of diamonds? I will peak at ur post.

Love the wide second band. Would it fit with the new ring on your finger (assuming you want to wear it with the new ring / same time)? Or are they three rings? Maybe it's 3....

Is that your goal? All at once? (I like wide and big....). Gathering your likes/wants for us to assist w suggestions.

You are right! This is fun! Off to SMTB to check out the shank on your new ring :)

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Lol! I'm back! That was easy!

Holy beautiful! What a gorgeous ring! The setting is remarkable! The SHANK! Love!

Now...reread the title and thread....you want to wear the band(s) with the new ring. Be careful not to cover the beautiful side profile.... :) :)

Couple thinner bands. I would guess (3mm?) On each side? How wide is the current setting? Same type of intricate antique work would be WOW!

Gosh, no preference for diamonds or not? I vote go for the added bling. Why not? Lol! Humm.....was going to say rose gold?....Anybody know if the metal in Hipchicks side bands needs to be platinum since her main ring is? As far as scratching? Tossing that out for replies...

Congrats on your knock out ring! Quite beautiful!

Hipchik

Rough_Rock
Thanks Cinnamon stick! Of course bling is always good. The rings pictured are three separate rings. I do like both rose and yellow gold. I love engraving also. Diamondseeker suggested spacer rings to protect my ring.

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Rose or yellow would be a nice mix. I lean toward the rose or plat/wg, but that's me. Not a yellow gal (me).....rose is more unique, but do feel it is coming to trend? Of course, plat/wg safe.....can't argue there. Monochromatic is safe and won't go out of style.

Diamondseeker knows her stuff. If she is suggesting spacers, run w it. She has helped me immensity!

No preference on colors?

Hipchik

Rough_Rock
I lean to the rose just because it's not used as often yet. But I do have a lot of YG so that would give me a few more options possibly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results