shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on Asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Raffi

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I''m shopping for an engagement ring, and I could use some advice on Asscher cut diamonds. Are there ideal dimensions(table%,depth%) for an Asscher cut diamond. I can''t find many for sale at local jewelers, and I''m nervous about purchasing one online without seeing it. Any advice on what to look for in an Asscher would be greatly appreciated.
Also, does anyone think this looks like a good deal?

Price $5529.
Carat weight: 1.22
Cut: Very Good
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Depth %: 68.2%
Table %: 59%
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.96x5.95x4.06 mm
Length/width ratio: 1.00

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Who graded it? Do you have crown and pavilion info? Also, an IdealScope image would be really helpful...
1.gif

Raffi

Rough_Rock
Thanks for responding. It's GIA certified, but I don't have any other measurements on it. The GIA cert. doesn't list crown or pavillion.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try www.gemappraisers.com. They have a chart that shows the different fancy cuts and what would be good numbers for the cuts. It isn't cut and dry and you can't use JUST the numbers, but it will be a good start.

I took a quick look and they don't have Asschers but if I recall correctly, Emerald is the same family? I think you can possibly use the same chart. Anyhow here are the numbers for the Emerald--these are parameters that will get you a stone in the 1A-2A categories, pretty good. You may want to email or ask an expert about which is the best chart to use--if Emerald is not.

Table: 59-65%

Crown Height: 11.5-15.5%

Girdle: Thin-Med; Med-Thick

Depth: 60-65%

Polish/Symm: Good, VG, EX

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results