shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on Asscher-ish/SquareCutEmerald stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cedar

Rough_Rock
Howdy, I''m evaluating the following Sarin #''s on these Asscher-ish/SquareCutEmerald stones for an e-ring:

Stone#1
2.778 ct
7.86 mm x 7.90 mm
Total depth 5.32 67.7%
Table 4.79 60.9%
Crown Height 1.34 17.0%
Girdle (faceted) 7.1%
Pavillion Depth 3.69 46.9%

Stone#2
2.909 ct
7.85 mm x 7.90 mm
Total depth 5.45 69.4%
Table 4.85 61.6%
Crown Height 1.49 19.0%
Girdle (faceted) 7.1%
Pavillion Depth 3.76 47.9%

My questions:
1. I know true Asschers generally have smaller tables and larger bulging mountaineering crown heights, But...is 17% to 19% too high?

2. The Sarin analysis on the girdles are quite thick. These stones both have faceted girdles. Stone#1'' GIA''s girdle is "Thick" and Stone#2''s GIA girdle is "Medium to Slightly Thick". Do the Sarin #''s and GIA reports jive? Should I be concerned about the Sarin''s +7% girdle thickness? Or, Is the Sarin measureing the full faceting of the girdle?

3. The $100,000 question. Based on these numbers, What do you think of these stones?

Thanks!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
They do look pretty. I like high crowns in Asscher stones.
1.gif
But a 7.1% girdle should be something like extremely thick... Do ask the vendor if he thinks the sarin made an error.
1.gif

cedar

Rough_Rock
Thanks,

I spoke with the vendor and she said that the Sarin numbers are most likely high or measured differently that the GIA report. She said to trust the GIA report as the Sarin is good but is "in-house" and not the final authority.

However, I guess the real way to tell is the eyeball these diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results