carat
color
clarity

Advice on an A Cut Diamond

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the advice but that is way out of my budget
A Beautiful stone but the # 1.58ct doesn't sound good to Chinese people. :bigsmile:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you mean the connotation of "not getting rich"?

Yup!...Most Chinese people are superstitious. My wife is sporting a 3.34ct . I need to find her a 3.28ct... :lol:

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, I wouldn’t get an I with SI clouds. I’m just upgrading my I-J/SI1-2 jewellery bought before I knew better. The caveat being that I live in London and often shop in Harrods and Bond Street. It’s enough for me to walk past the windows of high end jewellers (eg Harry Winston, Boodles or Cartier) and look at my old pieces to see they look awful. However, away from the fine display windows, they look ok (but I can still see the bothersome tint). So I’d say it depends on where you hang out/ shop/how colour-sensitive your girlfriend is/how fine her friends‘ rings are in case they hold them close to each other.

Not to t/j here, but just to say that all I's are not necessarily alike. And, with all due respect, this is apples and oranges. Unless your pieces are in the display window alongside those pieces, it's virtually impossible to compare them. My OECs have both been M's, and in those jewellery stores, they look like freaking IF colourless stones. I really don't think you can draw any conclusions on that basis.

Sezacv

Rough_Rock
Hi all i am thinking about of the setting. As i already stretch a bit of budget to get this diamond, i may have to compromise on the ring. Does anyone have the WF's classic 6 prong? :) Search lots of post here and many PSers just go for the elegant 6 prong on WF but it just way out of my budget to get a platinum ring, not mentioning another popular choice the U113 on WF.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results