shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on a Princess (Need help from PS ''Family'')!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sweet Jones

Rough_Rock
All,

I am a newbie here in Pricescope (though a long time lurker
2.gif
). I have to admit that before PS I probably would have walked in a B&M store and purchased strictly by eye. (Quick story - I actually had one salesman tell me that an ''Excellent'' in Polish translated into an Excellent cut.
loopy.gif
). My knowledge level has been greatly enhanced by the info here, and for that I am grateful.

Now on to business. I have decided to take ''the plunge'' and need advice on this princess:

GIA Cert
1.61 Carat
Clarity - VVS2
Color - H
Measurements: 6.81 x 6.56 x 4.53mm
depth: 69.1%
table: 67%
crown angle: 27.6°
crown height%: 8.5%
pavilion depth: 56.5%
girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick (1.7%)
cutlet: None
Flour: None
Polish/Symmetry: VG/VG

This diamond is currently priced at approx $9500. It has ''VERY HIGH'' White Light, Color Light, and Scintillation GemEx scores.

Please advise on if this is a ''good'' or ''great'' deal.

Thanks, family!!!!

Rand_alThor

Rough_Rock
From what you've posted about the diamond, the specs, angles, etc, I cannot find anything to critique it against. My only advice now would be to go with your instinct. If it screams "take me home" then go for it. Ofcourse there is never any harm in bargaining any price down agressively. Do you know the % discount off of rap for this stone?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
If I had the means I would make it a habit to take home any stray diamond that screamed out to me...
sad.gif

Sadly, they all seem to scream out...

This princess seems great, and my questions are:

Have you seen this stone?
Can you get any lightscope images on it?
Is there a return policy, JUST IN CASE?
If so, what are the parameters, days, circumstances?
Are you going to get it apprasied before or after purchasing?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Generally my experience with crown angles & crown heights that shallow have not been that good. Let's take a peek at the GemEx results. Curious to know whether it's on square or rectangular setting and a FireScope or IdealScope image to confirm those results would be nice to see too.

Peace,

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Not too good on princesses (so please refer to Rhino the expert jewel guy) but aren't princess stones cut with shallower crown angles and a bigger, flatter crown? That was supposedly a characteristic of the cut...?
confused.gif

Sweet Jones

Rough_Rock
All,

Rand_alThor - I don't know the % discount off Rap. Will have to try to find out.

Nicrez, Rhino - I have not seen the stone yet. There is an inspection period and I do plan on getting it independently appraised. I also don't have the LightScope image.

Rhino - Your comment about the shallowness of the crown info was interesting. Do you have a preferred range?

Also, I get an error message when trying to upload the GemEx (FYI - Set on SQUARE) stuff. Any recommendations?

Thanks guys.

Sweet Jones

Rough_Rock
All,

I believe the file is too big to post, won't upload and I don't know how to shrink the size and don't have a server I can link the results from.

I am still looking from advice. I appreciate everyone's patience with me.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results