shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on 2 Rounds!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scott84

Rough_Rock
I have it narrowed down to 2 round stones. Please help me decide:

Stone 1:
Weight 0.90 CT
Shape ROUND BRILLIANT
Color E
Clarity SI2
Measurements 6.16 x 6.08 x 3.8 mm
Depth 62.1%
Table 58%
Crown 16%
Pavilion 41.2%
Crown Angle 37.3°
Pavilion Angle 39.8°
Girdle SL. THICK FACETED
Polish VERY GOOD
Symmetry GOOD
Fluorescence NONE
Culet VERY SMALL
Cut Grade N/A
Comments
UGS Appraisal Value $8290.00
My Price: $3400

Stone 2
Weight 0.81 CT
Shape ROUND BRILLIANT
Color D
Clarity SI2
Measurements 5.99 x 5.95 x 3.66 mm
Depth 61.3%
Table 57%
Crown 14.6%
Pavilion 43.2%
Crown Angle 34.1°
Pavilion Angle 40.9°
Girdle THIN TO SL. THICK FACETED
Polish EXCELLENT
Symmetry VERY GOOD
Fluorescence NONE
Culet N/A
Cut Grade IDEAL PLUS
Comments
UGS Appraisal Value N/A
My Price: $2800

The thick girdle scares me on the 1st one and the 2nd one does excellent on the HCA. I can''t even get a result on the HCA for the first. Why is only one appraised? Please, any help will be much appreciated! I have the ring, now I need the stone!! Sorry for the lack of pictures.

Thanks!!!

earth

Shiny_Rock
I am new to diamonds & have limited knowledge so would be better if someone else also replies to your post
According to me:

Stone 1-
i would not go for this one. i was able to get HCA for this though: attaching it. The griddle is 'slightly thick'... i think 'thick OR very think' is a problem. Crown angle is too much i think.
It also has 'Culet VERY SMALL ... would like to know what the experts say about this....i lokk for 'NONE' for culet.

Stone 2:
i like this one... the price is also good! i am looking for a similar stone and this is a good price u r getting.... u could also move little down on color and still get a lovely stone... which would further reduce the price

sorry, Dnt know much about appraisal question.

HCA earth.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Who graded these stones and who is selling them?

First one is an Fiery Ideal cut, but with that pavilion angle, I would want to see an idealscope image to determine if it is a good candidate.

Second stone, looks good except for the thick girdle, so will be slightly smaller than stone of similar weight but with better proportion.

scott84

Rough_Rock
Sorry, the grading is GIA and the store is a local store.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of the two I like the second better. It is measuring a *teensy* bit small for weight, but only .1mm. Have you seen them in person?

The appraisal from the vendor is meaningless, don''t give it a thought. You will need to get your own appraisal for insurance purposes to be sure the value is accurate, and to know the value of the diamond itself it is better to run a search on PS. I get a range of around $2700 to $4000. I suspect this depends a lot on the inclusions. Is the one you are considering eye clean? Most SI2''s are not.

scott84

Rough_Rock
I have seen them in person. The fist one has two inclusions and the 2nd one has one small feather. I would consider them eye clean. I know that the 2nd one is small, but the cut is excellent and color is high.

scott84

Rough_Rock
Any more help would be great!!!! I need to know by tomorrow!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You got two voted for the second one, of those two.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results