shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on 1.4ct RB SI1 I-colour

timmo

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I have been doing research in preparation to buy an engagement ring for my girlfriend and this stone seems promising, but I was hoping to get a bit more advice.

1.4ct, I-colour, RB, SI1, Medium Blue Fluorescence
HCA is 0.6
Cut, polish and symmetry excellent

http://www.bluenile.com/au/round-di...ty_LD03502997?keyword_search_value=LD03502997

I requested an image and idealscope and they provided me with an image but no response as to the idealscope. I've read that Blue Nile doesn't really provide idealscope, is there zero chance of me getting this? I know many here would not recommend buying without seeing one.

As far as priorities go I'm thinking that cut and size are most important. Was going to go for J but decided to upgrade to I, clarity wise I guess I'm just looking for eye clean.

My main concern with the image is the dark mark in the upper left quadrant of the table. The rep tells me it's eye clean but I still reckon you'd be able to see this. What are your thoughts? Obviously I know SI1 is gonna have significant inclusions but as long as they're mostly not visible (ie no large black dots) I'm not worried. ld03502997.jpg

Super excited at this point, your input is greatly appreciated!

maxs.memo

Shiny_Rock
I'm not confident that will be "eye-clean". The inclusions are all black carbon type inclusions and may be visible to the naked eye. Are you interested in this stone because it meets a certain price-point. The STATS on the stone are excellent, but I would have BN attest to its eye-cleanliness before purchasing.

Did the rep say a gemologist pulled and looked at the stone in question to declare it is eye clean?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results