shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice needed!

JamesP

Rough_Rock
I am looking to buy a diamond for my girlfriend. After going to a few different stores, I think I have settled on one but want to make sure I am not making a mistake given the size of the investment and importance of this moment!

I have been looking at naturally grown, oval stones in the 2-2.5 carat range, D-H, and anything from VS1 to SI2 range.

The diamond I have settled on is here: http://pck.blob.core.windows.net/in...AD198&showMediaType=Video&mediaKey=QX99JES0BU

And here are some videos from the supplier:

The jeweller I’m buying it through assures me it is a great diamond but I would value an independent perspective to make sure. The price is $34k Australian which works out to around $22.7k USD.

Thanks in advance!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Hang in there. I'm not an expert, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly (although I've noticed the weekends can be slow sometimes.)

JamesP

Rough_Rock
Hang in there. I'm not an expert, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly (although I've noticed the weekends can be slow sometimes.)

Thanks very much! Do you have any non-expert opinions to share? :) I will take anything at this point! Hah

JamesP

Rough_Rock
Would really appreciate some advice if anyone can provide any! Thanks in advance

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, JamesP!

I see some slight bowtie effect, which is pretty typical for ovals and many other elongated cuts.

Not really seeing anything that would be of serious concerns, especially since this is an SI2...it's not cloudy and the inclusions are tucked away to be obscured/hidden extremely well!

The only other thing I can think of is to order an ASET scope from Mr Holloway himself (in Canterbury) if you want ultimate peace of mind.
Otherwise, if you are loving what your eyes and mind are seeing, then I think you've found an exceptional example of a clean SI2.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the oval cut! An asset report does help with fancy cuts. Would love to see video showing the crown facets and table From above. Bow tie minimal here. Looks eye clean to me.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is very pretty. Nice flashes and if Deja and Lambskin think the optics are good, then I think you’re good to go. The question is, what do you think of it? Have you seen it in person? Those videos are very short.

JamesP

Rough_Rock
Hi Deja, Lambskin and Momofive,

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide some advice. When I saw the videos, I was very excited as the appearance of it to me was just right. I like the proportions and it seems to have a nice shine. But I am acutely aware of how inexperienced I am so it is reassuring to hear there’s nothing major in missing.

My final question is around pricing. Does this price (USD$22.7k) seem about right for what I am getting?

Thanks again,
James

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a fair price compared to what you could get here in the US. Right in line with James Allen stones with similar specs. Most SI2s
arent clean. You have a clear/white crystal vs the typical black/carbon crystal in an SI2.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I feel that the price is good since you are outside of the US...it's about in-line with brick and mortar jeweler pricing here, so it seems to be representative of a fair deal.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I replied on your other thread. I like it overall

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results