shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice needed

Rut

Rough_Rock
I really like double halo . Thre is a gap between the diamond and halo . Is this normal or bad workmanship ?

_3886.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some halos are designed to have an airline between the stone and the setting. But sometimes, a stone that is too small is set it a halo, and that is not a good thing. I do not like a gap between stone and halo in a setting like that, personally.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a matter of personal preference. Some women like a small airline and some don't like any degree of openness at all. You have to ask yourself which you prefer.

Can you take a photo of you ring from a straight on point of viewing it? We're seeing a slight angled view which is a little deceiving.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As the others have said it is a personal preference. I think it would bother me.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like airlines. I think they give a piece a vintage look.

Rut

Rough_Rock
Thanks a mil. I have uploaded another photo. The diamond is 1.08 and there is .38 smaller stones .

_3912.jpeg

Rut

Rough_Rock
Another photo I have

_3914.jpeg

Rut

Rough_Rock
Image from their Facebook page

_3915.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could ask your jeweler if setting the stone lower will help get rid of the airline or not? It might make it look less noticeable
if it's possible.

Rut

Rough_Rock
Thanks
Do you think the ring is nice ?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you've asked directly - no. I'm not a fan.

I don't like the way the stone is seated in the halo, I find the halo too much for the center stone, the setting looks like a bulls eye to me, I'm not fond of the pave in the band, versus prong set in the halo, and the center stone doesn't appear (although this can be misleading due to angle and light) to be well cut.

Also, while I don't mind an airline, this stone seems to be set slightly unevenly as the gap doesn't seem to be uniform around the whole stone.

So, all up, not a ring I'd buy. BUT TO EACH HIS OWN, and for every person who doesn't like this ring, you'll find just as many people who do. Since one of the photos came from 'their facebook page' I am assuming this isn't your ring but that you're considering a purchase.

If, on the other hand, you're just looking for people to criticize somebody else's ring, you need to be clear that this is NOT your ring, or a ring you're considering purchasing. Cryptic comments that side-step questions from people trying to respond to your questions aren't really appreciated.

Rut

Rough_Rock
Apologies I should of stated I don't own it . I tried it on in the shop and I'm considering buying it

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rut|1465026622|4040056 said:
Apologies I should of stated I don't own it . I tried it on in the shop and I'm considering buying it

Thank goodness! Run!

Rut

Rough_Rock
Thanks for feedback .

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a fan either. If you want a double halo we can point you to jewelers who can do them nicely. We would also need your budget. The cut of that stone in the ring looks questionable as previously stated.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results